Misleading Promo???

Tookie

I have tried to post a link to a scan of the original promo. If you look closely it only says on Winter 2013-2014 bookings. since I received this not my TA I don't believe I should know what season is what for Oceania. All I knew was that I had booked a trip that was leaving in winter of 2013. http://i46.tinypic.com/2m63fvd.jpg%5B/IMG%5D

When you look in the brochure what dates are the cruises?

I am going on a March 18 2013 cruise. As I said before it isn't that I don't want to pay the gratuities. I just feel that that promo card is misleading . Obviously so does Oceania since they initially told my TA they were covered.

I am going on a March 18 2013 cruise. As I said before it isn't that I don't want to pay the gratuities. I just feel that that promo card is misleading . Obviously so does Oceania since they initially told my TA they were covered.

163912.jpg Please pardon me for stating something so patently obvious, but the Winter that March 18. 2013 is a part of could not conceivably include any dates in 2014.

This brochure clearly advertises the Season which runs from 2013 into 2014.

What exactly did you find misleading?

Having only been on 11 cruises I obviously was not familiar with cruising seasons. I foolishly assumed that a cruise taken during this winter season in 2013 was included when they said winter 2013. I did not realize that they only meant December of 2013.

Having only been on 11 cruises I obviously was not familiar with cruising seasons. I foolishly assumed that a cruise taken during this winter season in 2013 was included when they said winter 2013. I did not realize that they only meant December of 2013.

Just so I understand your theory:

Is it that you believe that the concept of Winter running from one year into the next is a clever promotional ploy, concocted by Oceania? ? ?

Because how else could they differentiate Winter 2012-2013 from Winter 2013-2014?

The distinction in "seasons" is similar to school years, which span two calendar years, but only 9 months chronologically.

I really do not think that the promo was misleading. It's a shame you misunderstood it.

I do hope you'll have a wonderful cruise and hope you'll enjoy the Oceania experience.

Guess I am having a hard time explaining my point of view. Will end this topic by saying, I still can't wait to take this cruise.

I'd say it would be more accurate to say that you are having a hard time understanding calendars. "Winter 2013/2014" is a period that includes both 2013 AND 2014. The only time March appears in that combination is March of 2014.

March of 2013 is part of the Winter 2012/2013.

If March 2013 was included in Winter 2013/2014, then that winter would have to be 15 months long and include everything from January, 2013 thru March, 2014. In other words, the Winter you imagine would have two marches. Obviously, there would be no Spring, Summer or Fall in your definition of Winter.

I am booked on April 2014 Miami/Bermuda/Miami with free gratuities (booked months ago). That promotion is no longer offered on Oceania's website. I just figured the "sale" ended. It is on the invoice from my TA.

I am booked on April 2014 Miami/Bermuda/Miami with free gratuities (booked months ago). That promotion is no longer offered on Oceania's website. I just figured the "sale" ended. It is on the invoice from my TA.

Your cruise was part of the Winter 2013/2014 season & the promo for the free gratuities ended Dec 31, 2012

The OP booked a cruise for the Winter 2012/2013 season no promo was offered at the time

Archived