Another Epic trip as the Solo Fashionista goes Stateside!

lara_lox

Another fan here! I won't be solo cruising as I'm married and my husband likes to travel as much as I do, but if I were single I feel like reading this would definitely be the kind of encouragement I'd need to go it alone and just go and have a blast. And of course as a fellow fashionista, I loved your outfits and that you got put together every night for dinner. Hope to see more reviews from you soon!

Hey Sara! Was glad to get to meet you on this cruise and agree about the madness from the martini tasting! In fact, my friend just posted some of her pics from it and I had forgotten about all the antics!

I found a fantastic pic of you... let's see if you remember why you posed like this, LOL

541423_10102337742192723_863312470_n.jpg

Wow, thanks for your review and photos. I wish I would have joined this board and found your review of the Epic earlier. I'm 37 and I'm going on my first solo cruise for my birthday. If I had discovered the EPIC and their single studios I would have planned a cruise on that ship. But oh well, next time for sure.

Thanks again.

I'm so pleased to hear that some of you have felt confident enough or been inspired to book your solo cruise after reading my stories :)

You won't regret it, remember even if you feel alone sometimes, at least you are on a cruise by yourself and not at home by yourself! On a ship you can always find someone to talk to if you want to and if not you get some welcome 'me' time. So my suggestion is just go for it and have an great time :D

• 2 months later...

Your reviews are great! I am also on the younger side (male), just turned 29 this week, and did my first solo cruise in march on Mariner of the seas. Just like you I am single and most my friends are either broke or "attached". I had a GREAT time! My only regret is not doing it sooner. Met so many great people and still keep in touch with some of them on facebook, etc. Just like you I definitely prefer to cruise solo these days. So nice to be able to do what you want when you want! I already have another cruise booked onboard Freedom of the seas for the end of the summer but have told very few people because I don't want to take a chance on someone inviting themselves:D

I have been pretty loyal to RC but you're Epic reviews definitely have me thinking about NCL......... May just have to book the Epic for next spring.....

well Lara Wow not sure what I was worried about going solo

I live in the uk my biggest concern is the journey to the ship will keep reading your reviews

I am thinking of doing the TA next April - do you stay in the studio cabins

Ellie

I take 4 holidays a year, but my BF can only take two, so I did my first solo cruise on the Jade in January. Iwas lucky to meet a great bunch of people to hang out with each night/dinner etc. All English speaking, but a diversity of countries, ages etc, led to great times. I have read your info with great interest. I'm with you-love to do my own thing during the day, see what I want to see and please myself, but come night I don't want to be dining or hanging out solo, so I'm booked fon the Epic for July. I'm just hoping with the different embarkations, possibly heaps of families on the sailing I can find a great fun group to have dinner and hang out with each night. Thanks for posting your trip report. I loved reading it and all the great outfits you wore. :)

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone!

I'm just back from my latest adventure, this time with MSC, rather than NCL. I had a good time as usual, though this was a very different cruise as I expected it would be. I've already started my review, so here's the link for anyone who's interested...

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1880294

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I was curious what studio room you had. I will be in studio cabin 12523. Did you ever stay in that cabin on your trips?

I was in 12530 for my first Epic trip then in 12524 for my second, which is this review. So I would think any notes I made on this thread should be true of 12523 as it would be directly opposite. I think they are all pretty much the same, though I would always prefer a cabin which isn't connecting, so you don't get that gap under the door to someone else's room. You can hear quite a lot from the corridor but not so much it really disturbed me too much. I saw on my other review that you have now booked, I hope you have a great cruise and enjoy the Epic :)

• 1 year later...

I appreciate the very entertaining and detailed review. I am heading solo on my first ever cruise on EPIC in April 5 2015. I am a mid 30's professional and am really glad to hear that it is quite easy to meet fun people and enjoy the balance of meeting new friends and enjoying some solo time as well.

Kris

[quote name='Kthero']I appreciate the very entertaining and detailed review. I am heading solo on my first ever cruise on EPIC in April 5 2015. I am a mid 30's professional and am really glad to hear that it is quite easy to meet fun people and enjoy the balance of meeting new friends and enjoying some solo time as well.

Kris[/QUOTE]

Thanks Kris,

I hope you have an excellent time on your first cruise and you enjoy the Epic as much as I did. Happy Sailing :D