Piano Bar

GinaJ

We absolutely love Kory Simon. We saw him on Liberty and Freedom. He's been moving around recently and I think is now on Vision.

The guy on Oasis last year was just awful. I forgot his name. A British guy.

Who all is in rotation on Allure right now? We are going to be on her in September.

There is a piano player in every Schooner Bar on every ship. Some play in a way that encourages singing along, some don't.

Yep, I would agree with this. Some players are much more animated and basically lead you in singing along with them, others are more sedate and just play.

I know that on the Radiance Class and the Voyager Class they had very active sing alongs. I honestly dont recall someone playing on the Oasis class ships.

If you hop on Monarch between now and April 1, you will have Kelly Goodrich as your piano man. Awsome! He does a tribute for about 45 minutes to someone - Buffet, Billy, Beatles, Elton then he moves on to everything else. Last week-end the schooner bar was full - like 6 people deep around the piano full. :eek: We had a great time.

• 4 weeks later...
Was just wondering if there were any other piano bars on the Adventure other than just the schooner? In the atrium?

Thanks

Ask ckrobyn in her live from thread. She's on board now.

I don't recall though you are more than welcome to look through the compasses in my sig.

Was just wondering if there were any other piano bars on the Adventure other than just the schooner? In the atrium?

Thanks

Schooner is the only venue I'd classify as a real piano bar. They may have a piano being played elsewhere from time to time, such as Viking Crown, but it would not be every evening with the same type of music like Schooner.

• 6 months later...

Also LOVE Kory Simon, met him on Vision in 2008 and then reconnected on the Freedom last Sept. He's on the Royal Princess right now unfortunately. James Barr is on Freedom now and we loved him on the Epic. Sailing on the Oasis Sept 14th (4th time) and hope the Schooner Bar player is better than the past 3 times. :rolleyes:

If you hop on Monarch between now and April 1, you will have Kelly Goodrich as your piano man. Awsome! He does a tribute for about 45 minutes to someone - Buffet, Billy, Beatles, Elton then he moves on to everything else. Last week-end the schooner bar was full - like 6 people deep around the piano full. :eek: We had a great time.

Kelly Goodrich plays the Radiance till they stop the Alaska runs. Then He has been doing the Enchantment (formerly on the Monarch) during the winter.

He gave us a reason to do 4 nighters.

We were on Navigator in June, and the Schooner Bar was always busy when the piano guy (sorry, don't know his name) was on. It was a real sing-a-long type of thing. Quite good fun once or twice, but it was very repetitive. Often the same songs every night. I wouldn't say he was a good singer, or a particularly gifted pianist, but he got the place going. It was quite different to a previous cruise on Splendour, where the guy took requests, sang old classics, and people just joined in. Much more subtle, a wider repertoire, and probably better on the piano, but enjoyable in a different way. It just depends on what you like.

• 4 months later...

David Curtis is on the Liberty. Not sure how long - he did mention he'll be taking a few months off, and then be back on the Liberty this summer (sailing the Mediterranean from Barcelona).

We were on the Jan 4 sailing of the Liberty, and caught David in the Schooner Bar early in the week. It was so good, I told my wife that this is the best show we'll see all week on this ship. Turned out to be correct. The scene in the Schooner Bar the last night of the cruise was one we'll never forget. David had several passengers joining in, and nearly all of them were incredibly talented. A wide variety too. One lady sang a medley from Phantom, as well as songs from Les Mis and Cats. She was good enough to perform on broadway - no kidding. Other passengers sang everything from Bette Midler to Motown. One passenger wrote parody lyrics to the tunes of "Misty" and "Piano Man". Piano bar musicians probably get sick of playing that one, but with the humerous lyrics, David really enjoyed it. David responded with a parody to the tune of "Blue Bayou" (with lyrics about his hairpiece that "blew by you"). Good stuff.

I also caught Matt Yee on the Allure (maiden voyage). He was good, but not nearly as memorable as David Curtis. Hope to catch David on another cruise some day.

If you want to know his schedule, check his webpage (theimprovpianoman.com) or email him at curtisdave@aol.com

David Curtis is on the Liberty. Not sure how long - he did mention he'll be taking a few months off, and then be back on the Liberty this summer (sailing the Mediterranean from Barcelona).

We were on the Jan 4 sailing of the Liberty, and caught David in the Schooner Bar early in the week. It was so good, I told my wife that this is the best show we'll see all week on this ship. Turned out to be correct. The scene in the Schooner Bar the last night of the cruise was one we'll never forget. David had several passengers joining in, and nearly all of them were incredibly talented. A wide variety too. One lady sang a medley from Phantom, as well as songs from Les Mis and Cats. She was good enough to perform on broadway - no kidding. Other passengers sang everything from Bette Midler to Motown. One passenger wrote parody lyrics to the tunes of "Misty" and "Piano Man". Piano bar musicians probably get sick of playing that one, but with the humerous lyrics, David really enjoyed it. David responded with a parody to the tune of "Blue Bayou" (with lyrics about his hairpiece that "blew by you"). Good stuff.

I also caught Matt Yee on the Allure (maiden voyage). He was good, but not nearly as memorable as David Curtis. Hope to catch David on another cruise some day.

If you want to know his schedule, check his webpage (theimprovpianoman.com) or email him at curtisdave@aol.com

We were on the January 9th sailing of Liberty of the Seas, and I concur 100% with the statement I highlighted in red. David Curtis is the best piano bar singer we've had on any cruise. He packed Schooner's every night with a standing-room-only crowd. What a great entertainer!

I agree with Matt Yee was great in the Schooner Bar on the Radience. He may have a cheesy show, but he knew how to get the crowd (and I mean an overflow crowd) to participate. The bartenders were kept very busy.