TLC Tonight - Drydock

CruisinChris

This show also depicted just how much power the captain has. You could also tell he loved his ship!

I really took note of this as well. I was surprised the amount of say he has in situations even when Sovereign is not sailing. I really found the captain to be sincere and he is very passionate about his ship and crew. Lauren and I agreed, that it makes us feel more comfortable about being under his control. :)

I am so confused, I must have missed something last night. There was only one hour and then something else came on. I just looked at the link for the TLC web page (thanks for posting it) and can't figure it out. Are there like 5 shows, total in the series. All those replays are confusing. Which one was last night, in the one I saw they were always talking about fires? Was that the BRAVO one?The ship was already torn up when it started I think. I need to know to go back and catch Disembark maybe. What was that one about? Thanks for the help in advance.

I am so confused, I must have missed something last night. There was only one hour and then something else came on. I just looked at the link for the TLC web page (thanks for posting it) and can't figure it out. Are there like 5 shows, total in the series. All those replays are confusing. Which one was last night, in the one I saw they were always talking about fires? Was that the BRAVO one?The ship was already torn up when it started I think. I need to know to go back and catch Disembark maybe. What was that one about? Thanks for the help in advance.

As I understand it, there are a total of 5 one hour shows. The first two were shown back-to-back on Sunday night. They are supposed to be repeated on Wednesday and the final 3 shows are supposed to air on Sunday, 6/12. Like a lot of Discovery Channel, TLC, etc. programs, I am sure they will be repeated quite a few times.

I really found the captain to be sincere and he is very passionate about his ship and crew.

It was interesting seeing him walk under the ship while in drydock. He said something like "I hate to see her this way--she belongs in the water."

As I understand it, there are a total of 5 one hour shows. The first two were shown back-to-back on Sunday night. They are supposed to be repeated on Wednesday and the final 3 shows are supposed to air on Sunday, 6/12. Like a lot of Discovery Channel, TLC, etc. programs, I am sure they will be repeated quite a few times.

In addition, the series is being repeated on the Travel Channel in August, one show per week.

I too enjoyed this program.

"Disembark" is the first one and , "Bravo, Bravo Bravo" is the second as has been mentioned. I look forward to the next episodes, I want to see if the clock gets fixed.

Mike- the fist one they started the renovation on a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas then went from Port Canaveral ( passengers "disembarked") to Port Everglades where they "flew" an extension on the bow. The next episode, the extension is miraculously in place but doen't fit and they have arrived at dry dock and work (read "fires") are continuing.

Also would like to see a few people put off the ship that can't seem to understand what a "fire watch" is..geez!! Maybe they need to open up more areas to cool when welding/grinding huh? and did you see the little squirt bottle they were using to cool off the adjoining areas? I guess it's easy for me to arm chair quarterback from a distance but you can see the frustration mounting in the safety meetings by the officers.

We just got a DVR last week from the cable company and it records and saves all the episodes so I can tape them to a VCR/DVD, how we got by without it before is beyond me;) , It's there I saw the "DryDock" title. I hope they continue to do more ships/and episodes. I can watch it when I'm not watching "the Deadliest season" (crabbing in Bering sea).

the only person capable of making a point without screaming

LOL, I agree Spongerob! and am waiting to see the hotel manager with the labor crew lose it next week, I think the meltdown is coming...

LL

Archived