TLC Tonight - Drydock

CruisinChris

Tonight on the Learning Channel there will be an hour long program on what happens to a ship during dry dock. I know many posters here are curious about wet and dry dock and thought everyone would enjoy knowing this is on. Set your TIVOs!

Tonight on the Learning Channel there will be an hour long program on what happens to a ship during dry dock. I know many posters here are curious about wet and dry dock and thought everyone would enjoy knowing this is on. Set your TIVOs!

I believe there are two one hour shows tonight. And three one hour shows next Sunday night.

And the Travel Channel will repeat the shows in August, one on each Sunday night.

I believe there are two one hour shows tonight. And three one hour shows next Sunday night.

I don't get the travel channel at home (don't have cable), but caught about an hour of this show here at work.

At least now I know I want to be headed in the opposite direction if I hear "bravo, bravo, bravo ... " and a deck number. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

I don't get the travel channel at home (don't have cable), but caught about an hour of this show here at work.

At least now I know I want to be headed in the opposite direction if I hear "bravo, bravo, bravo ... " and a deck number. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Boy, that's the truth! A pretty interesting show.

I missed the shows (because I didn't check this board yesterday). :( But in researching, TLC is replaying the shows Wednesday night at 9:00 PM and then 3 more shows play Sunday night starting at 8:00 PM. I look forward to seeing them! ;)

It was GREAT...so interesting. I can't wait for the next episodes next Sunday. It is amazing that they can do a $35-$40 million dollar renovation in 23 days. It appears as if they are basically gutting the ship.

Interesting program, but it could have used a better editing job - and eliminated all the "jabber" (excessive talking).

Had it been edited down to one hour, it would have been much better.

what ship is in dry dock on the show? I need to know so I can enter in a search for the wishlist on TIVO. Even better if I knew what the name of the show is called. If possible, provide some more info so I can type in the keywords to get it programmed to record.

It was very interesting to watch. I agree with most everything else already mentioned as well. The commercials cause some disruption in the flow of the program and there is excessive "back and forth" conversation. All in all though, it really is neat to see how much they can accomplish in so little time.

I would agree about the commercials - may TIVO next week and FF through all those commercials. I guess we will all know on our next cruise if you hear Bravo, Bravo repeatedly - it ain't good.

The only thing I learned was that the Captain is the only person capable of making a point without screaming at someone.

Yes, things seemed a bit stressed as things got behind schedule. Saw most of last night's show. Looking forward to the 'finished product.'

I saw both programs last night too. I don't mind the back and forth talking, but the commercials do interupt the flow. Very interseting program. It also makes you appreciate the people who make such an effort to get it ready. I only wish they had aired all programs. I hate to wait next week to find out what happens next!

I agree, I would have loved to have all the episodes last night and tivo if I could not stay awake. Can't wait to see the finished product. It certainly looked very tired before the renovation.

I was on a ship one time when a small fire did occur in a crew member's cabin. The fire alarm rang and I can attest to the fact that the officers really do run through the vessel to where the problem was. The Captain and Hotel Manager were together at a party; they immediately headed for the Bridge. The Staff Captain went racing by, headed for the stairs down to where the problem was. Very quickly, the Cruise Director came on the P. A. to inform us what was going on and the status of the emergency. I watched the crew fire fighting team dress and head towards the area with their equipment. Very quickly, the fire was put out and we were informed all was well.

I will confess that those I was with and myself were for a few minutes uncertain as to whether we should head to the cabin and get our life jackets or not.

Bravo is the name of the specific episode.

I sailed on the sister ship Majesty. I can attest to the fact that the cabins are the smallest in the industry. The new ones they are adding are the same size. Instead of cutting the ship in half and adding there. Each room should be cut in half :D and added to.

I had a chance to go on this ship out of Phila but even with the changes I can't live in that stateroom again.

Dont get me wrong I love cruising and this show was so neat.

What is Bravo, Bravo, Bravo? Haven't yet seen the show, plan to tape it, but probably will forget before I head to work....fill us in!

This was their code for a fire. When the call went out, the team (whose only job during the dry dock was to be ready to fight a fire) suited up and went to work.

Archived