Playlist Production Shows

carnivalloverpa

I would like to hear what other people's thoughts are on the new Playlist Production Shows. I was just on the Glory and have to say I did not like them. The shows are shorter, there are only 8 people in the show, no orchestra, less costumes, no sets except for a large led screen.

The recorded music drowns out the singers who are also the dancers. The dance moves are that of a high school production, the quality of the singing and dancing are far less than the old production shows. The entire thing feels very cheap.

It is obvious where Carnival has gotten some of the money for the 2.0 upgrades (cuts in the entertainment budget). I really hope that Carnival rethinks the Playlist production shows and goes back to the old format. The shows were always a favorite part of my cruise and I have to say that new format no longer rings true.

I would like to hear what other people's thoughts are on the new Playlist Production Shows. I was just on the Glory and have to say I did not like them. The shows are shorter, there are only 8 people in the show, no orchestra, less costumes, no sets except for a large led screen.

The recorded music drowns out the singers who are also the dancers. The dance moves are that of a high school production, the quality of the singing and dancing are far less than the old production shows. The entire thing feels very cheap.

It is obvious where Carnival has gotten some of the money for the 2.0 upgrades (cuts in the entertainment budget). I really hope that Carnival rethinks the Playlist production shows and goes back to the old format. The shows were always a favorite part of my cruise and I have to say that new format no longer rings true.

Have been wondering about this. Going on the Liberty soon and not sure what they are doing now but curious to see what others think of this.

We were recently on the Breeze with the Playlist Productions. We only went to one show (Divas), and it was okay, not great, just okay. Most of the singers were good, except one, who was really bad. Overall, we felt it was better as a whole, compared to some past shows. I personally miss the show band. I don't miss the props, etc., IMO I felt they were sometimes rather cheesy.

With that said, we rarely go to the stage shows anymore. We don't think Carnival's shows have ever been that great for the most part. We have seen some good ones though, like when they had jugglers, acrobatics, that kind of thing. Unfortunately, those types of shows have been cut.

We prefer to go to the comedy show, but that tends to get really packed!

We also don't go to Carnivals shows because we find the shows to be just ok, other cruise lines offer much better shows but we never cared for Carnivals. We do go to the comedy shows and finding these are also getting worse over time. The Carnival bands I not know who hires these people but if people think that the best band Carnival has being on the Dream is the Blackjack Band they good not very good just fairly good, we really didn't care to listen to them. The Dream also had some single acustic guitarists I would be ashamed if I were the one who hired them, terrible!!! I used to love the live bands on Carnival but the cut backs to the quality surely shows to a point we not even want to listen to them. To even take away the live band outside the pool takes away the "cruise feel" outside.

I agree they are not good shows. After the old shows people would give a standing ovation. That did not happen on the shows on my last Carnival Breeze cruise. They are short and a very cheap production. I never thought I would miss the old shows. I really miss the old Carnival.

I was also on the Glory recently and I would agree the music was too loud. I did however enjoy the audience interaction, such as the diva off before the Divas show. I'm glad they have this, instead of just showing trivia on the big screen. It is kinda weird that the dancers lead everyone to the lobby to finish the shows.

with all the hype we were hoping they would be as advertised...unfortunately, like most, we were not impressed. My wife wanted to leave 10 mins into Latin, and not much longer for the Brits. Diva's was okay, but very loud. The shows are short as well, but we were aware of that to begin with. Being one of the 1st cruises on the Atlantic portion of the Breeze I would have though more time would be put into making these shoes terrific. Still enjoyed the Cruise and the Boat though....

I was also on the Glory recently and I would agree the music was too loud. I did however enjoy the audience interaction, such as the diva off before the Divas show. I'm glad they have this, instead of just showing trivia on the big screen. It is kinda weird that the dancers lead everyone to the lobby to finish the shows.

Why do the dancers lead everyone to the lobby? I'm going to guess it's not to purchase the cast DVD of the show. :eek:

Archived