Cook Islands and Society Islands June 15th, 2013

AHB626

Hi Fellow Cruisers,

My husband and I and another couple will be taking the 11 night cruise on Paul Gauguin which departs on June 15th, 2013. We are interested in arranging some private excursions with fellow passengers. We have never been to the South Pacific and would love to hear from fellow cruisers who have any suggestions about what not to miss on this trip. We are so looking forward to this vacation!!:)

My wife and I will also be on this cruise. This will be our first time on the PG. We were married in September and will be celebrating a delayed honeymoon.

So far I've got Teking booked in Atuaki and Christophe in Bora Bora. Tried to book a couple of ship tours earlier this week but PG told me to call back in 3-4 weeks when they've got the details of available excursions on our voyage.

I started a roll call a while back, looks like OakIslandgirl already found it. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=36891428#post36891428

We got pre-reserved for the Trails of the Ancients also. Planning on doing the Dolphin Watching Expedition w/Dr. Poole, Pa "Son of Rarotonga", and the Bora Bora Off-Road Adventure through Paul Gaugin. We got reserved on the Teking Lagoon Cruise and Pure Snorkeling by Reef Discovery outside of PG. It's looking like a great trip to me :D

We are considering Pa's tour - will probably end up doing it as our one day in Rarotonga might be the only day we ever get there. The only tour I've heard often sells out early is Trails. Are you aware of any others?

Are Teking and Christophe private tour companies not associated with Paul Gaugin?

I'm going to look into booking some of the tours that have been mentioned on this thread. Looks like you guys have done your homework! Thanks!

Thanks so much. I was able to book the Teking Lagoon tour online and I have an email into Christophe at Reef Discovery. I was not able to book any excursions online through Paul Gaugin, but I spoke to our travel consultant at Paul Gaugin. He will book the excursions we want, but he said there is no payment required beforehand and you can change your mind anytime before the cruise. Let me know if you hear of any other worthwhile excursions, either private or through Paul Gaugin. Thanks again!

Annette

Wellington, Florida

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, folks. PG on Facebook has been running a Sweetie to Tahiti offer which includes a $200 spa credit, chocolate, and flowers on any 2013 sailing. I called my travel agent and he was able to get this bonus added to my booking. Offer expires 2/16, I think.

We are on the May 14th sailing and booked since October. Our TA called and PG rep said that we couldn't get the deal because we had received a large reduction in price in November. Did anyone get both a reduced price and this deal?

Gerry

• 1 month later...

I got a price reduction, but no chocolate or flowers! Booked our flights from Fort Lauderdale to LAX using frequent flyer miles. We will be staying in LA for a few days after the cruise as our two daughters live there. We are ready to go (except for the packing!):)

Well. what do you know? There are some folks taking this cruise! The roll call has been dead except for a few of us. We haven't gotten into excursions yet, but will soon. This will be our 3rd PG cruise and are looking forward to it.

Archived