Cook Islands and Society Islands June 15th, 2013

AHB626

I just called PG and got the laundry package for our cruise. It was $174 for the cabin. We were going back and forth on it - but others have reported it's a good deal compared to the ala-carte laundry prices.

We are on the same trip in aug.I am going back and forth on the laundry package.I am wondering if items come back pressed or just folded.Would you mind posted after your trip to let me know how it worked.Also celebrating our 40th anniversary.

Thank you in advance.Have a wonderful trip.:):)

We cruise in June and in our prior cruises on PG we did use their ala carte laundry service and it was great. I think it would be tough to spend $170 ala carte unless you clean every garment after each use. If you are doing a lot of days pre or post it may be worthwhile as you might arrive with a decent amount of dirty laundry or you may want everything clean for a post cruise.

Except for dinner I was in a bathing suit or shorts all the time.

We decided to pack light - the cruise and our pre-stay is 15 days and we'll pack 5-6 days of clothing.. $170 is a lot, but I sort of like the fact that it will "feel" like another all-inclusive perk on PG. My status gets me free laundry on Princess - and we take advantage of it - will do the same on PG.

Capri - I'll definitely share our cruise here on the board. Probably won't do it until I get home - I'm going to try and avoid internet and all things electronic for a few weeks. We are counting the days now!

Just got back. We went on Mark's Motu Island tour (independent) in Huahine. The drift snorkel is pretty fast, but the highlight was the picnic. It was only $100 per person. We also booked Teking in Aitutaki- that was a great snorkel excursion. I would suggest doing an excursion in Roratonga. We didn't and it was kind of a bust day. They have a shuttle to take you to the beach for $15 per person, but we didn't want to do another beach. Wish we had done the hike. We rented bikes on our second day in Bora Bora and rode around the island. Nice day. Did the Moahu Nui excursion on the first day in Bora Bora. Three snorkel spots-sharks, rays and coral gardens. The gardens are beautiful. We did the ATV tour in Moorea thru PG, but from what I heard, I would do it privately with Albert's next time. Our guide wasn't really interested in us.

We loved our trip. Have fun.

• 1 month later...

Hi Fellow Paul Gaugin Cruisers On the June 15th sail date,

We are all paid up and ready to go. Now that it's already May, we are getting very excited - six weeks to go! We are going with another couple who will be there to celebrate my 60th birthday on this trip. Much better than a party! Can't wait to meet you all on board. Safe travels to Los Angeles - we will be flying there from Florida on Virgin Atlantic Airways (non-stop is the only way to go!). We will stay in LA for a few days post-cruise, as both our daughters live there. See you all soon. Happy packing!!

Archived