Keeping cost down - inside cabin???

Me again! Ok, I have got my heart set on a Caribbean cruise at Xmas but by the time I have added my drinks on and an outside cabin etc etc the price is putting hubby off!!

I think the drinks package will be worth it (we like a drink!! lol) but is it worth us paying for an outside cabin seeing as it's just a window after all?

HELP!!!:confused:

I would say don't bother with an outside. If its just the next upgrade to an outside cabin, they're the same size as the inside cabins and the only difference is the window. To be honest, you're so busy in the day out and about or around the ship, you only really sleep and get ready in your cabin. Yes, it is nice to have a window so you can see where you are in the morning, but we just turn the webcam on on the TV. ;)

Thanks for the advice, that's what I was thinking, only plan on being in the cabin to shower and sleep!!

We did the Red Sea Cruise a few years ago and I can't even remember the view out of the window!

Any recommendations re which cabin to book?? lol:)

Agree with Sailaway, I like an inside cabin and would save the money for something else. Its just a place to shower, change and sleep so not worth the extra. Saying that I've booked an outside plus this time but thats because there will be 3 of us in the cabin and I really didn't want bunks.

Me again! Ok, I have got my heart set on a Caribbean cruise at Xmas but by the time I have added my drinks on and an outside cabin etc etc the price is putting hubby off!!

I think the drinks package will be worth it (we like a drink!! lol) but is it worth us paying for an outside cabin seeing as it's just a window after all?

I would get claustrophobic if I didn't have at least a port hole to see light and dark. If you book an outside guarantee, (if available) that would keep the cost down. In addition, you could wind up with a balcony cabin.

I guess you have to do what works best for you and your mate.

Enjoy

My friend thought that she would get claustraphobic but didn,t. As others have said, we were never in there. I wouldn,t get drinks package either, unless you get it at a much reduced price, we like a drink but spent much less than the DP would have cost. Remember , there are lots of supplements on the drinks menu and that bumps your bill up. :)

If you drink a lot you`ll not know if you have a window or not so not worth it paying for an OC ;) :D

Do work out the amount you drink, the Caribbean drinks package is expensive (unless free) and you are off the ship all day, well we are!!

Not too sure the Dream has balcony cabins but I wouldn't hold your breath for an upgrade!!!

Our first cruise we upgraded to outside plus, but our last cruise we had an inside and it was fine, and the next we are inside as well (more money towards drinks......)

YEEEE HAAAA!! Hub has agreed to the cruise so I am going to book it tonight or tomorrow!!

He has one proviso tho' - we have to do some cycling on the trips!! Hells bells!! Last time I was on a bike I fell off!!

Well done! Now get it booked before he changes his mind! :D:)

And don't watch that other thread about cycling downhill......cos you might change YOUR mind. :eek::D;)

Do work out the amount you drink, the Caribbean drinks package is expensive (unless free) and you are off the ship all day, well we are!!

Not too sure the Dream has balcony cabins but I wouldn't hold your breath for an upgrade!!!

Our first cruise we upgraded to outside plus, but our last cruise we had an inside and it was fine, and the next we are inside as well (more money towards drinks......)

I wish there was such a thing as a free or cheap deal on Caribbean cruises with Thomson, agree the Caribbean drinks package is expensive!

Well done Manxmoggy :D

Inside cabins are fine-the first cruise we had, we had a porthole which you really couldn't see an awful lot out of. We now always have an inside cabin and leave the ship cam on at night on the TV so the daylight comes in through the TV screen!!

thats a great idea thanks for the tip

We now always have an inside cabin and leave the ship cam on at night on the TV so the daylight comes in through the TV screen!!

Except that the dream now shows a sirens pool deck cam a couple of nights during the week......the lights are always on on the pool deck all night....so leaving the tv on is like leaving the lights on all night, and you cant see the weather/sea state/where the ship is?

however....do like to watch the deck parties in full swing from my cabin....whilst relaxing with my thimble of coffee.....in my shreddies:cool::)

Got it booked last night!! Now all I have to do is book my local flights (not 'up' yet so can't do them) and the overnight stay hotel and SAVE SAVE SAVE!!

Oh, and get a bike from somewhere and do a bit of cycling in the summer lol

Oh, oh and keep reading Cruise Critic!! lololol

Got it booked last night!! Now all I have to do is book my local flights (not 'up' yet so can't do them) and the overnight stay hotel and SAVE SAVE SAVE!!

Oh, and get a bike from somewhere and do a bit of cycling in the summer lol

Oh, oh and keep reading Cruise Critic!! lololol

Well done Manxmoggy :) Which itinerary are you doing?

Archived