Northstrar Trekking- glacier tour (Juneau)

mt23

We are pretty sure we want to do a glacier tour with Northstar Trekking on our trip to Alaska. Level 3 is the one that interests us most. I want to book directly through the vendor but when I'm on the site it tells me to contact our cruiseline directly. Is it possible to book directly through Northstar? If so, is there a way to go about doing it?

Are there other companies who run this same tour or is Northstar the way to go? Thanks!

We are pretty sure we want to do a glacier tour with Northstar Trekking on our trip to Alaska. Level 3 is the one that interests us most. I want to book directly through the vendor but when I'm on the site it tells me to contact our cruiseline directly. Is it possible to book directly through Northstar? If so, is there a way to go about doing it?

Are there other companies who run this same tour or is Northstar the way to go? Thanks!

I emailed them and they wrote back that they will book independently based on space available. Give them the date you will be in Juneau, when your cruise ship is scheduled to be in port and they will let you know via email if they have space available. I am sure you can also call. They emailed me an attachment with tour descriptions and prices. The level three was listed at $509 pp. :eek: If you are booked on a cruise already, do you happen to know what the cruise ship is charging for this tour?

Although I can't say if there is or is not another comany doing a tour comparable to the Level 3, I did not find one comparable. I found other companies that do shorter tours. Perhaps the lack of competition accounts for the high price.

The cruise line is charging $529 but Northstar hasn't gotten back to me so I may be forced to book through the ship. Hope it's worth it. I hear they don't fly out if there's fog or poor wind conditions so we'll need to have back up plans.

The cruise line is charging $529 but Northstar hasn't gotten back to me so I may be forced to book through the ship. Hope it's worth it. I hear they don't fly out if there's fog or poor wind conditions so we'll need to have back up plans.

It took them a few days to get back to me. In fact, I had written quite a few vendors in a AK on the same day, and Northstar was the last to respond.

Yes, it is a lot of money. I have read reviews of this tour on CC and those who took this tour say it was the highlight of their trip. My daughter and her fiance are trying to decide if they want to take this tour or not. Seems like an awesome honeymoon treat. They did book a cheap cabin hoping to save some money for excursions.

Which cruise line are you going with?

It took them a few days to get back to me. In fact, I had written quite a few vendors in a AK on the same day, and Northstar was the last to respond.

Yes, it is a lot of money. I have read reviews of this tour on CC and those who took this tour say it was the highlight of their trip. My daughter and her fiance are trying to decide if they want to take this tour or not. Seems like an awesome honeymoon treat. They did book a cheap cabin hoping to save some money for excursions.

Which cruise line are you going with?

We are on the Celebrity Solstice, cruising in late August. I'll wait a bit to hear back from Northstar. Definitely sounds like an amazing excursion! Thank you for the help.

I contacted Northstart Friday last week and heard back from them today. Their excursion is not being offered on our ship but we are happy about that because we prefer to plan our own excursions. They replied they had space for us and it was $509. I have searched alot and the only other place I found was where you hiked about 2 hours to the glacier and only spent an hour on the glacier, no ice climbing. It was only $200 ish because you are not being flown to the glacier. That is where the expense comes in.

• 4 months later...

Glad you posted this mt23 - I am very interested in this tour too...had planned a similar excursion for our last Alaska cruise which was canceled due to weather. I'm traveling with my mom this cruise and definitely am going to make another attempt.

Glad you posted this mt23 - I am very interested in this tour too...had planned a similar excursion for our last Alaska cruise which was canceled due to weather. I'm traveling with my mom this cruise and definitely am going to make another attempt.

My daughter and son-in-law were on the 2 hour trek on Friday and loved it. I can't wait to see all their pictures. They posted the following photo on Facebook. I am not sure if it was taken from the helicopter or from the trek. They have surely lucked out with weather in AK. We sent them with lots of layers and rain gear.

23fa245ad55e11e2b22122000a1fc95b_7.jpg

My daughter and son-in-law were on the 2 hour trek on Friday and loved it. I can't wait to see all their pictures. They posted the following photo on Facebook. I am not sure if it was taken from the helicopter or from the trek. They have surely lucked out with weather in AK. We sent them with lots of layers and rain gear.

23fa245ad55e11e2b22122000a1fc95b_7.jpg

Stunning! Thanks for sharing!

Archived