Ordering from Bon Voyage or room service?

radgal72

We are getting ready to sail on Sunday. One of our kids is still young and on occasion he will want to go back to the cabin and go to bed while we still want to stay up and have a few drinks.

Is it cheaper for us to purchase some beers from Bon Voyage before we cruise or have room service deliver them?

I haven't cruised Carnival before but on NCL it's cheaper to buy a bucket, you get one "free", I think Carnival has a similar deal. So your best bet might be to pick up some at the bar BEFORE heading to the cabin for the night. Or someone making a "run"?

You need to order from Bon Voyage a certain number of days before sailing. I don't know if that window may have already closed for you. I would check before you spend too much time trying to figure it out!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for the replies. We will just grab a bucket on the way back to the cabin. We can leave what we don't drink on ice. Makes more sense instead of ordering from Bon voyage and trying to estimate how much we may drink in our cabin.

Thanks for the replies. We will just grab a bucket on the way back to the cabin. We can leave what we don't drink on ice. Makes more sense instead of ordering from Bon voyage and trying to estimate how much we may drink in our cabin.

Good Idea.

BonVoyage prices are the same as bar prices as I recall.

Perhaps someone can confirm what I've read? Is it true that you pay tax when ordering from Bon Voyage, but not from room service. Also can I order bottles of rum from room service? I'd rather do that than figure out how much to order in advance.

Good Idea.

BonVoyage prices are the same as bar prices as I recall.

Does this mean you don't have to order from the Bon Voyage but can buy a bottle of liquor from the bar for the same cost while on the ship?

We were considering ordering a bottle from Bon Voyage just to be able to have relaxing drinks in our room at the end of the day.

Does this mean you don't have to order from the Bon Voyage but can buy a bottle of liquor from the bar for the same cost while on the ship?

We were considering ordering a bottle from Bon Voyage just to be able to have relaxing drinks in our room at the end of the day.

Order from room service. Same price as BV but no sales tax if you wait until you are at sea before you order. That said, I still order ahead of time, it's nice to see it all wrapped up like Christmas present when you enter your room.

Order from room service. Same price as BV but no sales tax if you wait until you are at sea before you order. That said, I still order ahead of time, it's nice to see it all wrapped up like Christmas present when you enter your room.

Thanks for the info

Is there the 15 percent gratuity included either way?

Archived