Pricing Changes- Beverage and Suite Category

tallship

I am finding differences between what is posted on the website, the CC boards, and My Booking account

- AI Beverage pkg not 50/day but rather it is 55/day

- A4 cabins listed on the Deck Plans for Riviera actually price out as A3 cabins

Where does one find notification of these changes/differences?

Thanks.

To see the upcoming changes in the deck plans, first click on this link which will take you to the "Explore Ships" page for Marina. It doesn't matter which ship you choose; on the page is an option for the "Interactive Deck Plan". Click on that and a smaller window will pop up. In one section of that window is a Drop Down Menu to choose the ship, and another to choose which deck on that ship. Click the little downwards arrow to expose the choices and scroll down to the one you want to see. It looks like this:

113216.jpg

Choose the ship and date that corresponds to your cruise. For example, if you have booked on Riviera after December 11, 2013,

clcik on Deck 9, and you'll see that many of the previous A4 cabins have become A3, and some of the previous A3 cabins have become A2. These are among many changes in cabin categories that are taking place at that time.

I don't actually know if there was any official notification of the changes in cabin categories, and it's no shame if you were not aware of them -- it's primarily geeks and wonks who find these things ;):rolleyes:.

Essentially, because there are new ships, the initial categorizations were largely based on guess work. Now that there is sufficient history to determine which are the most popular cabins, it's reasonable to expect some adjustment to reflect demand.

As Lyn said, the change in beverage package prices took place in December and was reportedby an Oceania expert here on this forum on November 29. Again, I don't know if there was any official notification, mostly because I consider Cruise Critic one of the two reliable sources of that sort of reporting (the other is my travel agent, who also is aware of these changes), and I admit that I don't pay much attention to official pronouncements.

However, any travel agent worth their salt should know about these and any other changes, and should inform their clients.

Thx for the responses. I guess the deck plans still remain to be updated. Good to know about the Beverage pricing. Does it need to be purchased for the entire voyage or can it be done day by day?

The Beverage package must be purchased for the duration of the cruise, although you may purchase it while onboard the ship during the first few days of your cruise. The definition of "few" varies depending on how long the cruise is, and you must purchase the plan for all of the remaining days of your voyage.

As far as the Deck Plans are concerned, what Hondorner was trying to tell you in Post 3, is that because the changes go into effect in December of this year, the Oceania Site features plans showing the configuration both BEFORE and AFTER.

You'll want to be cognizant of which ones you are viewing. ;)

Riviera-7843.JPG

Aside from several very comfy seating areas, the Concierge Lounge contains a large flat screen TV, several computer stations, and a refreshment counter with assorted nibbles as well as several "bottomless" fridges full of soft drinks, water and the like.

Magazines and Newspapers are provided, and the Concierge on duty will usually have printed off some preliminary information on the ports to come..

064519.jpgThere is an Espresso/Cappuccino machine if you care to take the trouble.

something I found out after the fact... saki in Red Ginger is not included in the beverage package..would have been nice to have known that ( as in the wait staff should have mentioned or O should make a mention of that somewhere) before we ordered ALOT of it :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

So never been on O, but looking at the Black Sea cruise next year. We have purchased beverage packages on Celebrity before. All drinks on-board up to a value of $12 were included in the package. And they had a lot of $12 glasses of wine, which my wife and I would go thru easily at dinner. So how are the wines that are included in O's package valued?

So never been on O, but looking at the Black Sea cruise next year. We have purchased beverage packages on Celebrity before. All drinks on-board up to a value of $12 were included in the package. And they had a lot of $12 glasses of wine, which my wife and I would go thru easily at dinner. So how are the wines that are included in O's package valued?

Oceania does not get into any of that tacky, niggling "up to a certain cost" nonsense.

In the case of BOTH Beverage Packages, one chooses from any of the wines that are served by the glass in any of the bars or restaurants. That list typically varies from between twenty five and thirty vintages, and runs the gamut from Sparking through Red, White, Blush, Dessert and Port. There is even a true Champagne, Perrier-Jouët Grand Brut.

The difference between the two Packages is that the Prestige Plan covers all types of alcohol (only the rarest of the rare is excluded) and includes service at any time when any of the ship's bars are open for business, whereas the House Select Plan provides for beer and/or wine, but only with meals.

The difference between the two Packages is that the Prestige Plan covers all types of alcohol (only the rarest of the rare is excluded) and includes service at any time when any of the ship's bars are open for business, whereas the House Select Plan provides for beer and/or wine, but only with meals.

Would say, Tanqueray 10 (top shelf gin) be included in such package?

Essentially, because there are new ships, the initial categorizations were largely based on guess work. Now that there is sufficient history to determine which are the most popular cabins, it's reasonable to expect some adjustment to reflect demand.

So Deck 7 B3's on Riviera and Marina are being converted to OC - Oceania Suite's :D

Archived