Massage in spa on FOS

dtbach

Hello All:

We are going on our first cruise in March, Eastern Caribbean on Freedom of the Seas. Does anyone know how much they charge for a massage in the spa. I have arthritis and ALS and thought this would be both relaxing and beneficial.

Thank you,

Darryl

Going on Freedom our first time on this ship will let u know the can run anywhere from the @99 dollar special and up. The best buys are port days. If u are a c & a member and get coupon booklet they have a discount in it for any spa treatment . Sorry to hear u have ALS. I know the disease well it took my father two summers ago. Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you for responding laseiber, I'm very sorry to hear you lost your Farher to ALS. This disease isn't very fair or discriminating. I'm married with two young daughters so want to enjoy life now.

Anyhow, I wonder where I could get a massage in Cococay, St. Maarten or St. Thomas, this might be more reasonable.

Darryl

OP - we just received a price list yesterday from our suite concierge. We are sailing Freedom OTS this month. Prices for 50 minute massages range from $119 to $159, depending on treatment type. Quite expensive - this is in line with what I've paid at top spas in Las Vegas and much more than I pay at home. It's around $70 for a therapeutic massage (ie, not a spa) in my area.

I can tell you that it will be less expensive on St. Maarten or St. Thomas. On St. Maarten, the spa at the Maho Resort is nice. There are also plenty of masseuses along Orient Beach to choose from.

I know they do them in St. Maarten on some of the beaches. Just check with your cab driver or tour guide. Labadee would be the same price as on the ship ... I don't remember if they do them on the beach or not. St. Thomas ... I'll bet you could find them there too!

Thanks for all the information folks, I can't believe the prices $119 to $159, that's insane. We aren't members of A & C (I don't even know what that is). We are leaving from Cape Canaveral on March 10 and get back there on March 17 Murfturf. We are flying from Halifax NS, Canada March 9. Hopefully we can find something in one of the ports.

Darryl

Archived