Recent Reviews

I intend to go with an open mind, we are both fairly easily pleased. However it would be nice to see something done about these little niggles, imagine how fab Thomson's would be if they got it sorted. Reading a couple of reviews from last year, it seems there was an issue with Lukewarm food then, so maybe Thomson can at least try and show they are doing something to sort it.

2 Weeks, 3 days and counting :D

Yes I agree,we had a great time,(with one or two issues) We only eat in the MDR and could not fault it.The AI drinks was a bit hit and miss,sometime we were given cans but were not charged for them,so not sure whats happening here.The way I look at it is this,if Thomsons are a good few hundred less than Celeb we would go with Thomsons. But is not the platinum ship Thomsons are pushing .Good yes Platium NO..Just MHO..

Hi Gizzie4,

you were booked on Dream last year and changed to Celebration to be with your son and that was understandable but if you had stayed on Dream you would have had a GREAT time - as you no doubt had on Celebration. We came home on the Saturday and I was in the TA the following Monday booking 2weeks B2B this June so it couldn't have been THAT bad. If you don't enjoy Dream I will be VERY surprised. I'm not saying it will be perfect but what holiday is?

I totally agree with Jim The Scot - "If I had taken heed of the reviews prior to my first cruise on the Dream some three years ago I would have cancelled.I didn`t and glad I didn`t and now on my fourth.If you look for faults/negatives you`ll find them like you will on most holidays. Go with an open mind and enjoy."

Hi Ronjae hows you?, i will go with an open mind. I always wait till i see things for myself then make my mind up and i don't usually let bad reviews bother me . Looking forward to going really, and however things are, we will enjoy ourselves. :D

Not on this subject but just had a text from a well known cruise sales comp but sure CC sales site will be doing it too, , P&O Azura, 12 nights 4th April this yr, S/hamp, Lisbon, Gib,Barc,Valencia,, Malaga, , Cadiz, s/hamp, £599 ! BARGAIN !! :) :)

Yep, i got an e-mail from them this morning. Some good bargains on there.

I intend to go with an open mind, we are both fairly easily pleased. However it would be nice to see something done about these little niggles, imagine how fab Thomson's would be if they got it sorted. Reading a couple of reviews from last year, it seems there was an issue with Lukewarm food then, so maybe Thomson can at least try and show they are doing something to sort it.

2 Weeks, 3 days and counting :D

When I have had food from the buffet which wasn't hot (I think it's only happened once-maybe twice), I've asked for some hot and the waiters have quite happily changed the serving dish. If you don't ask they won't necesarily know it's cold.

We've just booked for the Caribbean for 2 weeks 24/3/13 after having gone in April last year for a week and loving it. This will be our third trip on the Dream.

One of the reasons we book with Thomsons is the flying out rather than 2 days either way from Southampton. Their planes are good with reasonable legroom. Also we like the fact that we stop somewhere different every day.

I wasn't expecting great things from the Platinum upgrade - the ship did need a bit of tarting up and a kettle in the cabin will be good. The cabin grade system is fairly simple to understand unlike some of these enormous mobile cities which bob around the world.

I like the fact that it's a real ship and not a floating apartment block. I like the flexibility of the restaurants. We don't do their excursions - prefer to do our own thing or book independently. We don't bother with AI as it wouldn't be worth it for us (although free would be nice). Foodwise - buffets are always a bit iffy and the waiter service is ok although the food is not much better. The important thing for us is that the food is plentiful with a reasonable choice. We do the cruises for the places we can visit - it's so thrilling to arrive early in the morning to a brand new place.

So we're very much looking forward to our Latin Gems/Caribbean Treasures cruise and some lovely sunshine!

We've just booked for the Caribbean for 2 weeks 24/3/13 after having gone in April last year for a week and loving it. This will be our third trip on the Dream.

One of the reasons we book with Thomsons is the flying out rather than 2 days either way from Southampton. Their planes are good with reasonable legroom. Also we like the fact that we stop somewhere different every day.

I wasn't expecting great things from the Platinum upgrade - the ship did need a bit of tarting up and a kettle in the cabin will be good. The cabin grade system is fairly simple to understand unlike some of these enormous mobile cities which bob around the world.

I like the fact that it's a real ship and not a floating apartment block. I like the flexibility of the restaurants. We don't do their excursions - prefer to do our own thing or book independently. We don't bother with AI as it wouldn't be worth it for us (although free would be nice). Foodwise - buffets are always a bit iffy and the waiter service is ok although the food is not much better. The important thing for us is that the food is plentiful with a reasonable choice. We do the cruises for the places we can visit - it's so thrilling to arrive early in the morning to a brand new place.

So we're very much looking forward to our Latin Gems/Caribbean Treasures cruise and some lovely sunshine!

Hopefully we shall bump into each other for a drink, I'm on the same cruise :D

Here here Jim & Linda! We are Dreamin' in April and nothing is going to spoil our long waited for anniversary celebration. We have always wanted to go to the Caribbean and scoured the brochures to find one that suited our pockets, where we wanted to go and at the right time (to coincide with our anniversary) and Thomson's came up trumps so even if there are niggles we are going to ignore them. Went on the Celebration Feb 2011 so have a fair idea what to expect anyway.

Archived