Can I get from St. Pancras to Earl"s Court

stipmom

on the same Train line or do I have to switch?

If I take a cab how much should I expect it to be?

Trying to decide which train to take from Paris. I do not want to get to London during rush hour. What times should I avoid?

Ever since the Circle line became the banjo line, you have to switch but it's an easy switch. Take the circle line train at St. Pancras/Kings Cross to Edgeware Road, walk across the platform there and hop on the District line train. The fifth station is Earls Court.

Ever since the Circle line became the banjo line, you have to switch but it's an easy switch. Take the circle line train at St. Pancras/Kings Cross to Edgeware Road, walk across the platform there and hop on the District line train. The fifth station is Earls Court.

Or take the Piccadilly line direct :)

The Picadilly line at Earls Court? Isn't it in a deep tunnel there and you need a lift to street level or a short flight of stairs then an escalator then a short flight of stairs first to the District line level and then to the street??????

The Picadilly line at Earls Court? Isn't it in a deep tunnel there and you need a lift to street level or a short flight of stairs then an escalator then a short flight of stairs first to the District line level and then to the street??????

Exactly. There is a lift from Piccadilly line level to street level, so step free access.

Thanks but muy husband deided he doesn't want to hassle with luggage on the train.

How much would a cab be? What times should I avoid if taking a cab? Thanks

It's quite a way, so I would guess £25-£30 in a black cab. Could be more if there is a problem with traffic (the rates work on both time and distance).

Central London has busy traffic day and night :) I would think the route you are going would be busier in the evening rush (say from 4-7.30 pm at least). The old joke is that London rush hour is Monday to Friday all day, and it's pretty bad at weekends. If you take a black cab (not pre-booked Minicabs), they can use 'bus lanes' and also know the best routes for particular times of day.

Archived