Need advice - Am I thinking about this correctly...

GPop&Nana

Okay - we are cruising on the Sunshine March 16,2014. Middle DS now decides he wants to go ( two days after I book - naturally). So, my options are:

Early Saver - I know the rules and penalties etc... -so we can skip that, please.

Okay, Option 1 - A PT and a 1A (w/ portholes)

or

Option 2 - A 6B and a 1A (one of the L shaped)

I am leaning towards Option 2 because I figure I have a better chance of a price drop than I do with the PT (as there are so few).

Am I thinking about this correctly - the current price difference is about $300.00, but I figure with option 1, I have almost no chance at all with the Porthole Cabin seeing a price drop.

Thank you for your imput.

Nana

I don't often care where my cabin is as long as it's on the ship. That being said I don't typically book based on price drops either - I'm a "Yeah, that's a good price to me" type and then watch for drops. Isn't funny how different people put emphasis on different things? Guess that's a good thing or we would all be trying to get the same cabin.:)

This time however I just was thinking about it and was kind of wanting some opinions as to which is more likely to see a drop if there is one - personally I am ok with the price as is.

Nana

I don't often care where my cabin is as long as it's on the ship. That being said I don't typically book based on price drops either - I'm a "Yeah, that's a good price to me" type and then watch for drops. Isn't funny how different people put emphasis on different things? Guess that's a good thing or we would all be trying to get the same cabin.:)

This time however I just was thinking about it and was kind of wanting some opinions as to which is more likely to see a drop if there is one - personally I am ok with the price as is.

Nana

And I rarely ever look for price drops and have never submitted one in 8 completed civilian cruises. On the other hand, I like to be near an elevator so I don't have to walk up and down the hallways a lot so cabin location is somewhat important (though I agree, anywhere on the ship is much better than not being on the ship). Yes, it is funny how people concentrate on different things which is good, I don't want to have to win a brawl to get MY cabin! :D

You can expect no price drops in a PT as there are not many and will all be sold before any price drops occur. We have booked PT and have gotten no price drops because our category was sold out. So if you are comfortable with the price as it is now, then book it. If you are seeking price drops then book a more popular category.

I got one price drop on a port hole on the Elation, but definitely other categories get more price drops. Haven't gotten any on my port hole room for my upcoming Fantasy cruise. If you are looking for potential price drops, I'd go with option 2.

Archived