Decorate your cabin door ?

krazyknit

We decorate our doors! On our December cruise we wrapped our door with wrapping paper. We dont use tape though. We used a combination of fun tack (sort of like poster putty) and magnets.

I always thought the doors on Fantasy were wood but we found out they are magnetic!

We also put a poster up that people came to sign. Some people use them to find their cabins at the end of a "long night". We were in R-1 on our last sailing so we knew where our room was but really enjoyed how festive our door looked and reading all the comments that people left for us.

I would add pics but photobucket is blocked here at work. I think you can see pics of it on the first page of our review.

Despite some of the negative comments here on CC about Decorated Doors, I decorate mine and love it...

I have some fun garland type stuff and cutouts from the Dollar Tree. They should be getting their summer stock in and you can find all kinds of beach decor there.. It great that its cheap because we usually have a few items stolen each cruise... One cruise my garland was even stolen but when the Cabin Steward saw how ticked I was it reappeared so I am guessing he found it in someones cabin.

We always decorate our door. I always make sure to clean it all up myself when we leave.

True story: do to unforeseen circumstances on our last cruise I did not get our door decorated on the first night. My hubby had already taken off to explore. He forgot our cabin number and since there were no door decorations, ended up at guest services to help find our cabin :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I decorate our door too. I have a Cricut machine that I make cut outs with. I've also used a thin fishermans net over the door and hung things in it.

Double sided tape doesn't stay stuck. I used some packing tape last year (comes off the door easily when it's time to take it down).. this time I'm going to try the blue tacky putty.

doordecorations020412.jpg

We have the last few cruises but they were over Christmas, I make our door look like a huge parcel, red ribbon top to bottom and across and then a big red bow in the middle, usually take a couple of extra bows as they seem to 'disapper'!

Cruising Spring break this year, I think I will do something, it makes it much easier to find your cabin when you are 'tired' late at night!

Despite some of the negative comments here on CC about Decorated Doors, I decorate mine and love it...

I have some fun garland type stuff and cutouts from the Dollar Tree. They should be getting their summer stock in and you can find all kinds of beach decor there.. It great that its cheap because we usually have a few items stolen each cruise... One cruise my garland was even stolen but when the Cabin Steward saw how ticked I was it reappeared so I am guessing he found it in someones cabin.

In addition to the items we find at Dollar Tree, I have different borders on my Print Shop software that I can use (port hole, flowers, life preserver, etc.) to create a sign, such as "Birthday Cruise", "Anniversary Cruise", "Pirates of the Caribbean Cruise" or whatever. By the way, the fun tack works great! Easy to remove, and does not harm the door.

We have decorated our door on our last 4 cruises....

P1030463_zps227a228f.jpg

This was on our last cruise on the Carnival Sensation.....I did this design in honor of our first Platinum cruise

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011031.jpg

This was our Christmas design on the Carnival Legend last year

P1010994.jpg

This was on the Carnival Fantasy last year in March....we boarded on St. Patricks Day

Thanks to all of you who have replied. I haven't seen the negative comments yet. I am a retired teacher so the tacky tack is one of my decorating tricks. You all have great ideas. Time to hit Michaels and the Dollar store!

Love your blog! I have been laughing so hard reading it. Great pictures too. Thanks.

Thanks for reading! :)

Thanks to all of you who have replied. I haven't seen the negative comments yet. I am a retired teacher so the tacky tack is one of my decorating tricks. You all have great ideas. Time to hit Michaels and the Dollar store!

I used to be a daycare teacher many years ago so I dont get to decorate much of anything anymore so decorating cabin doors is great fun for me.

We were celebrating moms "65th" so i scrapebooked a couple pages with copies of her baby pics and through out her years. Put them in the selves for the books and hung them with packing tape. This year we are using copies of pics from our last year of traveling (vegas, last years cruise, OBX, Niarigia (spelling isnt my best) Falls, ect..) that I have laminated. Decorating make things a little easier after "having a few cocktails". I even had fellow cruisers thank me last year because it made it easier for them also.;)

If you have young children going with you, here's an economical idea. Get a large sheet of poster paper, some color markers (or crayons), and some cruise related stickers (sea creatures, parrots, palm trees, etc.). When you get to your cabin, lay everything out on the floor, and with some gentle guidance, let the kids create a fun and colorful door decoration. When it's all done, attach it to the door with fun tack.:)

We always decorate our door. On our last cruise, I was taking down the decorations on the last night and the guy across from the hall says, "how am I going to find my cabin now?". We both laughed and I left one cutout on the door for him and me too. The decorations help when coming back from the piano bar late night.

I decorated our door on our last cruise (last March) since it was our son's 10th birthday. I took some birthday wrapping paper and folded it into a large flat square. Then decorated the front with a bow and ribbon (so that it looked like a flat birthday present) and then got some sticky letters that spelled out HAPPY BIRTHDAY, IAN!

He really liked it and we all found it made it much easier to find our room. :)

We're doing the same thing this year, as the lucky boy gets to spend another spring break birthday on a cruise.

Leaving on the Elation on March 4 with four other couples. Ordered photo door banners on line and am blowing up each of their faces for the holes. Going to slip down when we board decorate their doors before they head to their rooms. It was a ton of fun picking out which couples went with each door. Each one will be different and will a lot of fun with their smiling faces. They will be so surprised. I am so excited to surprise my friends!

Archived