MoBay - Sunset Beach Resort

Baxter

Found a day pass at this resort through Jamaica Cruise Excursions. Does anyone have any experience with the hotel or the excursion company? We are travelling with our 4 and 6 year old, so the waterpark appeals to us (as does the idea of not roaming around MoBay). But I am hoping that someone has been to this resort and can offer their opinion.

Much appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm hoping someone posts here as well. We will be there with all six of our kids later on this year and are looking for something fun and safe.

I loved Jamaica with just the two of us but with the kiddos, I'm not sure. Hate for it to be a ship day but that is the way it is looking!

Last year my mom (69) and I did a resort for a day to Mo Bay, Rose Hall Resort. It was very nice, beautiful place. great food, pool w/ lazy river and water slides. Beach was just OK not very wide, didn't go out there, hung out by the pool. Unfortunately it rained just after our lunch and never got sunny again. It was last week of April. I'm going on Allure of the seas in a month and am considering doing it again w/ hubby. The company I used was jamaicaforaday Stuart Cohen's group. It all went as planned and I can recommend them.

• 4 months later...

I'm looking for information on Sunset too. We booked last year using Jamaica For a Day at the Sunset Grande and we enjoyed it. I'm thinking about using them again for this December cruise but since we will be docked at Montego Bay this time around, it looks like my options are either Sunset or Rose Hill.

Just be aware OP, since you have children that are ages 4 & 6, this place probably has a height requirement (just like Sunset Grande did, which looks almost the same) and some of their other AI resort places also states the height requirement of 4' tall. My daughter is 5 and not even close to being that tall. They are very strict with this rule too.

I'm looking for information on Sunset too. We booked last year using Jamaica For a Day at the Sunset Grande and we enjoyed it. I'm thinking about using them again for this December cruise but since we will be docked at Montego Bay this time around, it looks like my options are either Sunset or Rose Hill.

Just be aware OP, since you have children that are ages 4 & 6, this place probably has a height requirement (just like Sunset Grande did, which looks almost the same) and some of their other AI resort places also states the height requirement of 4' tall. My daughter is 5 and not even close to being that tall. They are very strict with this rule too.

Eeek tell me more about the height requirement. Is it just the slides with the requirement or everything?

Eeek tell me more about the height requirement. Is it just the slides with the requirement or everything?

From what I take of it...it's just the water slides that you have to be 4' tall. But on things I have read that the "water park" is for all ages as long as accompanied by adult (or some type of wording like that).

Are you thinking about going here? I'm checking out Sunset and also Rose Hall.

Per the website for Sunset:

Water slide minimum height requirement is 48".

Hilton Rose Hall says:

The Water Park & Kids

No age restrictions as long kids are supervised by parents and potty trained. For the slides we have a height minimum of 4'

Hello,

We have been to Sunset Beach Resorts 2x. If you are bringing children, they will really like it, mine did. Also, while kids are playing there are lounge chairs to sun in for adults. It is all inclusive, and no problems there. As far as the food goes, it is very minimal in choice, but that didn't bother me and I like to eat lol. On the beach, there is a little hut where you get drinks as well. The beach is not the powder sand type, but no problems.

Always remember in Jamaica, use only red-tag license plate taxi's, these are JUTA which are regulated. Others are just commoners who are NOT regulated.

Ask away if there is anything else that would help you decide.

Happy Sailing!!

Koolbeans, did you see "non-motorized" equipment such as kayaks, paddleboards etc? It's advertised but not finding reviews that mention whether or not it is there to use. We have 4 college students with us in January and they prefer some activities, they also enjoy chilling but do not want to spend the entire day eating, drinking, and lounging.

Thanks!

Hello,

We have been to Sunset Beach Resorts 2x. If you are bringing children, they will really like it, mine did. Also, while kids are playing there are lounge chairs to sun in for adults. It is all inclusive, and no problems there. As far as the food goes, it is very minimal in choice, but that didn't bother me and I like to eat lol. On the beach, there is a little hut where you get drinks as well. The beach is not the powder sand type, but no problems.

Always remember in Jamaica, use only red-tag license plate taxi's, these are JUTA which are regulated. Others are just commoners who are NOT regulated.

Ask away if there is anything else that would help you decide.

Happy Sailing!!

You mention that children will love it there...what about children (like mine that is only 5 years old and she LOVES water slides, but yet she won't meet the height requirement to go on them)? What else is there to do for someone that age? We went to Sunset Grande last year and she was SO disappointed in not being able to go down the water slide there.

What type of food do they have there since you mention it was minimal choice? Was it a buffet type lunch? Could you return as much as you like during that period it was open?

Do you have any picture you could share?

Thanks in advance. :)

Thanks in advance for the answers.

We are going there next month. We are going to book through jamaica for a day. Is that where you booked? I am always leary of using my Credit card online. Does anyone know if this is a good site? Will they let you used the prepaid credit card? We are trying to buy a house too, and I want nothing to mess with my credit right now...lol

From the looks of it, this place looks fun for the kids. I have an 8, 10, 11 and 13 year old. They all meet the height requirement. I just don't want them to get bored. I am sure they will want to use pool and go to the beach.

Thanks,

Ondy

Thanks in advance for the answers.

We are going there next month. We are going to book through jamaica for a day. Is that where you booked? I am always leary of using my Credit card online. Does anyone know if this is a good site? Will they let you used the prepaid credit card? We are trying to buy a house too, and I want nothing to mess with my credit right now...lol

From the looks of it, this place looks fun for the kids. I have an 8, 10, 11 and 13 year old. They all meet the height requirement. I just don't want them to get bored. I am sure they will want to use pool and go to the beach.

Thanks,

Ondy

I think I found my answer to my own problem. Helps when you dig deeper into the site. It looks like you can pay the deposit by paypal! That way they don't have my CC info! lol

Thanks anyways!

Ondy

Just so you know, Jamaica For A Day is legit and no worries. I have used them before with no problems and plenty of people on here have used them as well (even for other places than just Jamaica). :)

Also, can you come back and report how things were after you go? I would love to hear more. Also maybe take some pictures, especially of the beach area that you could post. You see a lot of pictures of the pool and slides, but not many of the beach area. Let me know if there's good snorkeling from the beach there if you snorkel. Thanks in advance. :)

Archived