Dining times

cruzisme

There is an 5:45pm and 8pm option for dining. I do the earlier dining but I know some families have enjoyed the later time as well. If you do the later the time you can arrange the kids to eat their main meal right when you sit down and then the kids club workers can come and pick up your kids while you enjoy your dinner in peace. The previous Disney cruise we went on we actually received an eye patch and a pirate bandana when we got to our dinner table that night and that's what we wore out. I have seen people go all out for this night. There is a place on the boat that will transform your kid into a cool pirate. I'm pretty sure this costs but don't know how much. It's a lot of fun and the kids really enjoy it!

They ususally have three show times a day. Approximately, 3pm, 6:15pm and 8:30pm. I would think that there would be more kids at the early dining option but don't know for sure since that's been the only time that I have ate it. If you did decide to go to the late dining then you can see one of the earlier show times and a have a little snack. Definitely don't want to miss the shows. They are the best at sea!

Good info

What time are the shows?

We are 2 seniors with no little ones in tow!

We are early dining but wondering if we should switch? Is it noisy with the. Kids at early dining?

Shows on DCL are approximately the same times as dinner seatings. If you have early dinner seating, you go to the show afterward. Late dinner seating, you go to the show before dinner.

Every day there is a different show. Each ship has 3 Broadway-style shows, plus other individual performances (if the itinerary is more than 3 nights). On those days that one of the Broadway-style shows is on a sea day, there may be an afternoon matinee. That depends on whether the theatre will be needed for extra rehersals (for a new cast member, for example).

Early dining does tend to have more kids, but there are kids at late seating, also. I've found all the MDRs we've been in have been noisy, regardless of how many kids there are. The sound systems are generally louder than I like.

The very best dinner for young kids is the main 5.45pm one, kids get cranky, they over do it on a cruise, there up with the sunlight and have there breakfast, over eat at the pool, and there bust by the evening. If you have kids on late dinner they will hit the fast food places in the evening and ruin a good meal and most likely fall asleep.

If you travel across time zones kids adapt quickly and will be on local time and reset there body clocks in a day, adults take longer. So keep kids on early dinner.

For an Adult only meal go for late but I hate SHOW>DINNER, and want my dinner to go down before I go to bed.

Good info

What time are the shows?

We are 2 seniors with no little ones in tow!

We are early dining but wondering if we should switch? Is it noisy with the. Kids at early dining?

which ship are you on? Dream? Fantasy? Magic? Wonder?

i sailed on the Dream with my 85 year old mom and 62 year old sister.

In the past, i'd always done late dining (with my husband and kids), but my mom and sister didn't want to eat late, so we did early dining, with the later show.

I thought it was really nice that way.

Dinner was at 5:45 and then the show was at 8:30 (if memory serves - we were just on the Dream in October)

i was surprised that i liked it that way, but i did..

and no it wasn't any more noisy than late dining...

i was worried there would be more noisy kids, but i didn't notice any difference at all..

in fact, there were far fewer kids in the later show than in the early ones i'd experienced on the cruises with my husband and kids..

so i think if i had to do it again, i would again choose early dining with the later show time

Archived