Valentine's day on the ship - Ideas?

TaylorMace

My wife and I will be on the CB in a room next to our friends. My buddy and I are thinking of ideas to do something nice for the ladies. Any suggestions?

We all 4 like to eat together - so the balcony dinner is out

Sabatinis or Crown is an option for something special - any votes for one or the other?

How about other ideas?

My wife and I will be on the CB in a room next to our friends. My buddy and I are thinking of ideas to do something nice for the ladies. Any suggestions?

Sabatinis or Crown is an option for something special - any votes for one or the other?

How about other ideas?

We did the balcony dinner last week on the CB for 8...and all of us were on our balcony. It was the extended balcony in E731...the last starboard cabin. I would think they could get 4 on one balcony.

How about other ideas?

Just ate in Sabatini's last week. It is very nice, takes about two hours. It was our first try since the new menu was introduced over a year ago. Not nearly as much food as before, but all very good. The Crown Grill is very nice, if you like steak and seafood. If you order steak be prepared for more than you may be able to handle. If you really want a special eating experience try the Chef's Table, I think it is $95pp (sign up as soon as you get on board). Remember you are required to wear closed toe shoes to enter the kitchen for the first course. Any closed toe shoes will do.

I agree the Chef's Table is just great!! A wonderful experience. Absolutely great food and champagne and wine throughout the evening. They also will serve you a bar drink if you don't drink wine. They take you to the kitchen for Champagne & appetizers and then into the dining room at a special table for a several course gourmet meal. Steaks/Lobster/Crab, etc. etc. It might not be on Valentine's day though which is one of the formal nights on this cruise. You could give your wife a valentine card on arrival evening with a note inside that you will be celebrating with a "Chef's Dinner" evening while on board. You have to make you reservations the minute you get on board the ship as they only have a small number of people they invite to attend. Also you do not find out whether you are invited until a couple of days into the cruise. So a little hard to plan around. Also, I agree that you could probably very easily set up a balcony dinner for four people. I would also make that reservation right away as I am sure many people will have thought of this for Valentine's Day.

I am sailing with you. Have not seen you on our roll call for a while. We have over 70 people signed up for the M&G in case you have not been following the roll call. We have you on the list.

Archived