RUM Cakes & BBD Rum

Leftyinfwa

Blackbeards has a store right across the street from the pier. I saw it from out taxi coming back from Royal Palms; walked across the street last month. They have several flavors of BBD rum and give you a wee sample. I bought 2/$25 of the coconut BBD rum and a couple BBD magnets at $3.99/each.

They box up all alcohol in GC and deliver it to the ship (no worries, its policy). Allow enough time for them to get it across the street before the ship leaves.

Blackbeards has a store right across the street from the pier. I saw it from out taxi coming back from Royal Palms; walked across the street last month. They have several flavors of BBD rum and give you a wee sample. I bought 2/$25 of the coconut BBD rum and a couple BBD magnets at $3.99/each.

They box up all alcohol in GC and deliver it to the ship (no worries, its policy). Allow enough time for them to get it across the street before the ship leaves.

On two separate occasions, my BBD rum didn't ever make it to my cabin!:mad: The first time I bought two bottles (as gifts) and only one showed up at end of the cruise. When I brought it to Guest Services' attention, a search was initiated. A crew member called to say they found it and were bringing it to my cabin. Unfortunately, it was another cruiser's bottle of SCOTCH - it wasn't even rum - and it even had their Cabin number on the bottle! When Guest Services asked where I purchased the liquor, I replied "Blackbeards". Well, that store just happens NOT to be on their list of "approved vendors" so I was out of luck as Carnival said that I purchased "at my own risk". OK, whatever! I know the store made the delivery because my other purchased items made it to the cabin - just not one bottle of the BBD rum.:(

On my next trip to GC, I only purchased one bottle and, lo and behold, it never made it back either!:rolleyes: Looks like somebody in the cargo hold or wherever they store the liquor bottles until the last packing day has a penchant for BBD rum!

This next time in GC, I will just settle for the BBD magnets. I didn't see those in the store when I was there, so I'll be on the hunt for them. Magnets I can take on my person back to the cabin and I know they will make it home, in tact.:) But, of course, it's just not the same gift as the rum...oh well, worse things have happened.;)

On two separate occasions' date=' my rum didn't ever make it to my cabin!:mad: [/quote']

I paid for my BBD rum, and only afterwards found they would not give it to me, but instead deliver it to the ship. I was worried, but my bottles did show up.

Next time, I think I would just tell them I was staying on the island.

I paid for my BBD rum, and only afterwards found they would not give it to me, but instead deliver it to the ship. I was worried, but my bottles did show up.

Next time, I think I would just tell them I was staying on the island.

If you do that then they must charge the price that includes import duty. Much more costly!

Additionally some of the liquor stores near the port may only carry a duty free license. If so, they cannot legally sell to you to carry away, even at the price that includes the duty.

Slightly off topic but how do you pack the rum? We are sailing soon and this is the first cruise in a while where we have to fly. I'm a little concerned having to pack it in checked luggage. Any suggestions?

Many thanks!!

Booze is in cardboard carrying case (box w/handle) which can be stuffed in between layers of clothes. Take it out of the box if necessary and pack it between clothes for padding.

• 2 weeks later...

Love BBD rum and try and pick up a bottle everytime we are there. Hve never had trouble having it delivered to our cabin at the end of the cruise.

Not sure which store we go to, I believe it's a Blackbeards, but it's in the basement of a building, right on the Main Street downtown. I don't really know how to describe where, but my feet know the way!!

Archived