Am I going crazy? - Billing Issue

May of last year I booked 2 staterooms on the Allure for a September 2013 sailing.

I booked online with RC and at the time of booking there were no qualified C&A coupons available. Since then a coupon was released and my rate was reduced....good news so far!

Then the insanity sets in. When calling to inquire about a possible room change (if adjoining balcony rooms became available), I was informed that the price of the rooms had dropped by $60 for the first 2 occupants of each stateroom ($240 total for the 2 rooms)....More good news right?!?!!

Now comes the math and see if anyone else here can follow along.

Listed Total Prior to Call $4290.76

Listed Total After Call $4290.76

Confused yet......

I gave it 24 hours thinking it may take some time for the changes to show, but no such luck. After calling back and playing the transfer game I was able to get someone to read the notes from the previous day "...Rates for guest 1 and 2 have went down $60 and it was removed from the balance".

Simple enough right, adjust the total of each room by $120 and everyone will be on their way, nope! Because the rates change through the day "they" (whoever they is) can not prove the rate was $60 less at the time of the call so even though the notes reflect it they don't know if they can change the rate.

Being that this is $240 total, I find it worth my time to get it resolved, but there has now been over 5 hours phone time spent on this issue and my vacation is starting to feel like a part time job!!!

I am sure it will get corrected at some point, by pure tenacity on my part if necessary, and I am not trying to flame RC because their service up to this point has always been great..... but really 5 hours on the phone and no solution yet?!?!?!

So, anyone out there experience issues like this, how did you solve them, were you compensated in anyway for your time and frustration?

It won't help you now, but anytime there is a change to my reservation in either cabin number or cruise fare I always ask to have a new invoice e-mailed to me before I get off of the phone. That may help you in the future. For now try talking to the resolutions department. They are usually pretty helpful with situations that the customer reps. can't resolve.

As much as I suspect that 77 year old Al Goldstein, (who published Screw magazine and was involved for decades in the adult entertainment industry) would sympathize with your billing problem, my guess is that sending an email to Adam Goldstein, President of Royal Caribbean might be more effective.

As much as I suspect that 77 year old Al Goldstein, (who published Screw magazine and was involved for decades in the adult entertainment industry) would sympathize with your billing problem, my guess is that sending an email to Adam Goldstein, President of Royal Caribbean might be more effective.

LOL!

I am waiting on a call from the resolution team, apparently the hold time was long because its been about 3 hours and no call yet! I did not take a screen shot of the prices, but I will for now on! I do like the idea of the emailed invoice too, good call!

Well, it took some effort and a couple less than helpful customer support agents but it has been corrected.

The issue turned out to be a shore excursion messing up the cruise total even though it had been paid in full. The final resolution agent that I spoke with, Marry Anne was extremely helpful! And to apologize for the mess she added some OBC to each of our rooms!

Archived