Boy did I get lucky . . . This is why one should do online check in months early

steve4031

I cruise in June out of Jacksonville on the Fascination. I booked the airfare using United frequent flyer miles for myself and my GF. All is well.

Today I managed to get my GF to bring her passport over so we could enter the information into the carnival website. After doing that, i put in the flight information. I enter in return flight information for July 3rd, and get the error message that I am entering in a flight time that leaves before the cruise gets back. A quick double check of my cruise info, and I discovered that the cruise returns on July 4th, not July 3rd when i originally booked my return flight. Luckily, I was able to change it with no extra charges or hassle. PHeewww!!!

Interesting. I did the same stupid boneheaded thing myself coming back from our second last cruise - on the Fascination no less!! Unfortunately I didn't realize it until we were getting ready to get off the ship. I did the online check-in as I always do but I must have carried over the same error each time. Glad to know they'll catch it for you though if you put the info in right.

I still can't believe I did that. I always handle all of our arrangements (my wife usually doesn't even care where we go) and have never done anything like that. On the bright side buying same day tickets home were much cheaper than I expected and the airline gave me credit for the tickets we didn't use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived