Italian Restaurant - What do you think?

Hi,

The first and only time I did the Italian Restaurant was on the Pearl when it was FREE for our group. The food was fine, but I wasn't impressed. Considering trying it again on the Jade. What do you all think? Anyone tried it on the Jade?

Thanks much!!

L.A.S.T.

They've just rolled out a new menu in the Italian restaurant and I tried it on GEM this Christmas. Fantastic! Definately worth it. That said, it was great on Epic last year too.

I also enjoyed it on the Jewel.

I thought the food was very good and we ate there twice. I think they should have kept it at $10, but still worthwhile. We dined outside as we were departing Puerto Rico....really nice. :)

Don

We tried the Italian on the Sun last December, it was really good. We then went back using one of our complimentary coupons instead of Le Bistro.

We have had less then stellar experiences on other ships, in all fairness this was before the menu was changed. I would certainly give it a try.

Sorry to be the only one that says otherwise but we now stay away. We first did it on the Jewel and it was great, the cover charge was $5 and you could mix and match different pastas and sauces and they had an antipasti trolley.

The Spirit, Jade, Pearl and even the Epic we had a bad meal and the menu had been greatly reduced.

The concierge on the Jade when we were on said it was his favourite restaurant on the ship so it goes by individual taste.

Reading this it maybe that the menu has improved and its worth a try.

The first time we went to the Italian restaurant was on the NCL Spirit. All they did was block off part of the buffet area and threw some decorations around. It was okay, but disappointing. I am not sure if they ever updated that on the Spirit.

This did not scare us off of trying it on other ships. All of our other experiences were very positive. My partner is Italian and he thought the food was good.

I hope that they take the time in the future to modify the menu to include some unique Italian dishes like Italian sausage stuffed flank steak (this little Irish boy cannot recall the real name!). They do a better job of bringing unique items to Le Bistro (lobster in puff pastry is heaven on a plate...mmmmmm)

We were on her in May and we only ate at the specialty restaurants. Papa's is just fine if you stick to certain dishes such as Osso Bucco which is just amazing as is the chicken parma. both are huge portions.As for the pizza it's not much better than the pizza on the buffet. They also have some great apps and Tiramisu for desert is also good.

Well this is the one extra fee restaurant that I plan on going to on my upcoming cruise on the Epic. I dont eat beef, veal, lamb anymore, and very very little pork ( I splurge on a strip of bacon or two every now and then ). So Cagneys and Bistro menus are somewhat limiting to me, but I do love the new Italian restaurant menu, and I LOVE Italian food. So Im going to La Cucina and treat myself at least once!:)

Well this is the one extra fee restaurant that I plan on going to on my upcoming cruise on the Epic. I dont eat beef, veal, lamb anymore, and very very little pork ( I splurge on a strip of bacon or two every now and then ). So Cagneys and Bistro menus are somewhat limiting to me, but I do love the new Italian restaurant menu, and I LOVE Italian food. So Im going to La Cucina and treat myself at least once!:)

Both Cagney's and Le Bistro both serve an excellent salmon filet. I eat it a lot on board because no one likes fish in this house except of course the expensive shell fish.

Both Cagney's and Le Bistro both serve an excellent salmon filet. I eat it a lot on board because no one likes fish in this house except of course the expensive shell fish.

Thanks for this info. Good to know there is another option.:)

I've eaten at the Italian Restaurant on the Sun, Sky, Pearl and Epic. I love the Seared Salmon on white beans and also the Carpaccio. The Osso Buco is also excellent. I haven't had the pasta choices. On the Epic I even liked La Cacino better than LeBistro, although the food in the French restaurant was also very good.

totally agree. The dining room on the Sun is award winning. Semi circle booths that all look out the side of the ship through large round windows, the restauarant is yearly considered on of the best on the water. We ate in Le Bistro last Feb and found it excellent. Now with the new menu we will eat there again on the Gem.

Archived