What do you do to make picking up luggage easier?

fuelerdude

I use fabric markers or fabric paints and write the names of foreign ports in large, multi-colors on the outside of my luggage. I have Toronto, Paris, London, Athens, Hong Kong, Roma, Warsaw, etc. written on front, back, sides, top and bottom so no matter which way my luggage is placed on the baggage carousel or mixed among a sea of different black bags, mine stands out from all the rest. Now, if I had bought the most expensive luggage in the world, maybe I wouldn't have the guts to "decorate" it. But, my average-priced luggage is perfect for this artful means of identifying my bags. Have fun letting your artist emerge so that your luggage will be one of a kind. If writing the names initimdates you, come up with some easy foreign flags (i.e., Italy, France, Greece, etc.) and use the paints to put the flags all around your luggage.

I love this idea. I may have to go shopping for fabric paint and stencils.

On our plain old grey hard side cases, I painted black cats on the sides, people commented but we never lost our cases. We now have boring superlite cases, which makes luggage handling a bit easier, so I need to find something else to personalise them

Sandy in Spain

My DW and I are going on our first cruise together and she doesn't necessarily appreciate my way of making it so luggage is easily discerned from other luggage. When I travel via airlines, or on my last cruise, I place a single band of duct tape, high visibility in color, around anything other than carry on luggage. I've found it much easier than looking through the sea of black luggage most have, and it can be spotted from a mile away ;). Plus you just never know when a little duct tape will come in handy as well.

In order to help ensure my DW doesn't feel embarassed due to the ungainly nature of the duct tape band, what do others do to help identify their luggage very easily?

I have to agree somewhat with your DW about a "plain" duct tape band, but really like the options to make a design. Better yet, is she, you or someone you know able to paint a design on the sides & "front" of the bags? Friend of mine has daisy's, I have pine tree & sun on one of ours. I too have a mult colored yarn ball around the handles. If tied on the side, doesn't interfere with baggage handlers.

Archived