Cpap machine?

teaach

I have been on 6 cruises with my cpap the special needs Dpt will provide you with an extension cord and distilled water just contact them before your cruise also don't pack your machine in your checked in luggage carry it on just in case your luggage gets lost you won't be without your machine the entire cruise.

My wife has brought a CPAP machine on several past cruises without any problems. She brings the CPAP machine as part of her carry on luggage along with an extension cord. She does this because they are more apt to accept the extension cord if they also see the CPAP machine. If you put the cord with your other luggage, I have heard cases where it was confiscated particularly if it is old and worn.

Have also used the ships water without any problems. They make their water through desalination.

Just an FYI....1) there is no carry on allowance on a Carnival ship (or other line that I am aware of). 2) if you put non-medical items in your cpap case, an airline may then count it against your allowance.

I don't see how they would know. At every airport that I've been to, you remove cpaps and laptops or iPads from your bag at the security checkpoint and then put everything back. When you get to your gate, everything is packed up. I suppose that they could make you prove that everything in your cpap bag is apart of the cpap but I've never had anyone do that or even ask what was in my bag for that matter.

Went on my first cruise back in October on the Pride with my CPAP, left the special needs department know ahead of time and packed a extension cord in with the CPAP. Carried it with my other carry on luggage and once I got to the check in to pick up my sail and sign card the gentleman asked if I had it with and just needed to see the bag, never opened it. Once on board the ship and before sail away guest services actually called my stateroom to make sure I had it. Contacted room service about distilled water, cost was $4.00 and it was delivered to my room.

I was glad I packed the extension cord since the only outlet was by the desk, I did unplug it during the day so the room steward wouldn't trip over it.

Archived