Half Moon Cay Now has Villas for Rent

jus4fun

Sarah you sound alot like me. I just made a big pot of sauce for our Sunday dinner.

I am also the oldest of four, Three girls then a brother. We try and vacation together as much as we can.

Enjoy your day!

Lynn

Thanks so much Lynn..I just can't proctor my comments very well IE not mentioning it...thanks so much for understanding....you have a great Monday...Oh you got the brother!!! We have the great boys in the grandson....nephew area. Except youngest boy is going through some end of HS craziness. he locked his keys in car last night...4th set of spares..LOL..so missed youngest sis...they had a night of fixing that and colds...

Be well..good week...Sarah

Sarah

I'm very fair skinned and burn within a few minutes out in the sun. The idea of Cabanas are wonderful for me, while my children play in the water and worth the $230 price tag. But that's about as far as I'm willing to ever go. Spending $500 would be my entire budget for all excursions on a cruise (we try to do something at each port).

Wow, there are 5 of us, and it's $500+ per excursion.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, from all the negativity about staying away from these villas because the people that will be in them, how dare you judge what type of people will be in these villas. Because the cabanas were all sold out and due to health issues, we unfortunately felt the need to rent one of these. It is my husband and I and two teenagers and believe me, we are the quiet ones.

We rented a cabana during our visit to Half Moon Cay. 16 of us shared the cost. No, we didn't all fit in the cabana at one time, but it was perfect to store our items, have a few snacks and drinks. It worked out perfect for us.

I loved this island for the sand and the water. I think the hot tub idea makes it sound like day at a love hotel in the poconos. But it's HAL's island to do with what it pleases-I wish that Carnival would just buy an island for their own use, instead of borrowing everyone elses. The key to all of this is, that the island must be reachable by another island that houses the employees. HMC did have housing on it, so that staff would stay on, so Carnival just needs to find a private island, with a nice beach, some hills and history, and place to tender to, provide activities, but leave it as natural as possible and everyone would be happy.

• 5 weeks later...

The old cabana #6 use to be an overlooked gem due to how shady it was. Noise from the pirate bar was never an issue. Now it is completely ruined by the new villa. The villa sits too close to the cabana and completely blocks off any view of the beach on that side. Very sad; especially since the construction of the 2-story villas was strictly profit motivated. They could have simply constructed more cabanas and not ruined the other cabana views.

I loved this island for the sand and the water. I think the hot tub idea makes it sound like day at a love hotel in the poconos. But it's HAL's island to do with what it pleases-I wish that Carnival would just buy an island for their own use, instead of borrowing everyone elses. The key to all of this is, that the island must be reachable by another island that houses the employees. HMC did have housing on it, so that staff would stay on, so Carnival just needs to find a private island, with a nice beach, some hills and history, and place to tender to, provide activities, but leave it as natural as possible and everyone would be happy.

Actually HAL is owned by Carnival Corp so it is Carnival who owns this beautiful island. I will try a new villa next time I cruise and see for myself what all the hype (good and bad) is all about. Reviews say they have a bathroom but the sales ads don't mention this. If so that is a great selling feature for beer drinkers lol!

Actually HAL is owned by Carnival Corp so it is Carnival who owns this beautiful island.!

HAL owns the island and is a subsidiary of Carnival Corp, just like Carnival Cruise line is a subsidiary of the Corporation..

If Carnival cruiseline owned, it, they wouldn't have to schedule their visits around HAL's use of the island.....

HAL has dibs, and their big Sister gets left overs.

Bill

• 2 years later...
Thats actually not a bad price if you have a group of 8 adults renting one of these things. Comes out to like $70/person. I would gladly do that. How much are the single floor cabanas?

Agree they can be an eyesore though.

I just rented one for July 12th on the Glory Cruise. There are only 2 of us right now, but I am going to try to find other people on the cruise who would pay $55.00 for each of the other spots. That would make it cheaper than 2 people renting a cabana. We will see how it goes. :)

Edited by Retired_to_Cruise