Dream Cruise/Disney For A Day?

moon girl

We are going to be on the Dream the in March!! Hooray!! Anyway we are flying in to Orlando late Thursday evening and will have all day Friday to kill before the cruise on Saturday. We would love to go to Disneyworld while we are in the area as we have never been. Has anyone gone to Disneyworld for just one day? Is it worth it? If so can you suggest some budget friendly hotels in the area with a shuttle to the park? Thanks in advance!

We are going to be on the Dream the in March!! Hooray!! Anyway we are flying in to Orlando late Thursday evening and will have all day Friday to kill before the cruise on Saturday. We would love to go to Disneyworld while we are in the area as we have never been. Has anyone gone to Disneyworld for just one day? Is it worth it? If so can you suggest some budget friendly hotels in the area with a shuttle to the park? Thanks in advance!

If I only had one day at Disney I would definately do Hollywood Studios. But it depends on how many are in your party and how old they are.

If you only have one day, I would spend it at Magic Kingdom. There are multiple parks that make up Disney World but Magic Kingdom is the epitome and original of Disney World.

As far as budget friendly hotels, they have the Disney All Star Resorts, I believe one is called All Star Music, another is All Star Sports. They are just different themed but the same idea. They all have free shuttles to the parks and back. They are basic hotels but they should fit your bill.

We are on the Dream on march 2 and we're doing Thursday and Friday at Disney. 1 day Animal Kingdom and 1 day Magic Kingdom. We have small kids with us though so MK is a must. Its not cheap for 2 days but seems a shame to have the kids with us and be so close and not take advantage.

Since there are 9 of us we are renting a 2 bedroom villa at the Sheraton but I am using some points as well. Not sure about other options.

have fun!

We always go for one day, and yes, it's worth it, if you plan the day wisely. Don't be like my daughters, and go here, then way over there, and then back to here again....that wastes a lot of time! Find a starting point, then work your way around the park, and you should be able to get through everything! Of course, I'm talking about only going to one of the Disney parks, and I would recommend Magic Kingdom.

There are a lot of budget hotels close to Disney, and they provide shuttles to the park. Do an internet search, anything that is on Route 192 (west) in Orlando will be close and reasonably priced. Of course, you're coming during spring break season, so prices are going to be higher than normal. Enjoy!:)

If you are going with kids older than 7 or 8, you may want to try universal studios instead.

If you are looking for a REALLY cheap motel to sleep, I would recommend going on Hotel.com to find a decent place.

Good luck and have fun!!

I'd stay at one of the value resorts on site - that way, Magical express will pick you up from the airport and take you to your Disney Hotel (no cost) and then transportation to and from the parks is also covered.

Depending on which park you choose, you could also have extra magic hours which would give you a little extra time in the park (only available to those staying on site).

If you've never been - I'd say it has to be the Magic Kingdom - it's the park with the castle and what everyone thinks of when you say "Disney".

If you are going with kids older than 7 or 8, you may want to try universal studios instead.

Good luck and have fun!!

I second that, especially if you're going in March when schools have spring break AND on a Saturday when it's already busier.

I highly highly recommend Universal Studios Islands of Adventure. It's not near as crowded and have some amazing rides and attractions for all ages. You should definitely check it out =)

Thank you everyone for your thoughts! It is just going to be myself and my husband this time! Sadly no kids or grandkids this trip! But we are kids at heart and it sounds like the Magic Kingdom is the place that will be most like Disneyland which is kind of what we are thinking. I like the thought of staying on site and having the shuttle pick us up from the airport as well, but will also check out the route 192 options! I can't thank you all enough! If anyone has specific hotel names that I could check out that would be so helpful!:)

When we take our nieces with us we do Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. But last time it was just my husband and I and I thought he would like Animal Kingdom the best (first time to Disney) and I have been to Disney about a dozen times and have always preferred Epcot.

On the trip with my DH and I we both ended up enjoying our time at Hollywood Studios the best. Great thrill rides, fun virtual rides, good shows and just lots of fun. Plus the occasional place to find fun adult beverages (love the glowing ice cubes:-). We have stayed at the Boardwalk Inn (pricey and location was worth it for the week- but location probably not for just one night) and Coronado Springs (mid range Disney and a nice property). You might want to check out the "non-Disney" properties that are actually on Disney property (wrap your head around that one)- there are Hilton and Marriott brand hotels with free shuttles to the parks.

We did Universal two years ago in lieu of Disney and were really disappointed at the lack of new attractions (with the exception of Harry Potter Land which got so crowded they finally closed it).

My son and I are doing Disney post cruise in April for two days. We're staying at one of the Disney value resorts (All-Star Music) and spending our days at Magic Kingdom and Epcot Center.

Magic Kingdom is opening a new Fantasyland this spring, so I am anxious to see that.

We love Epcot Center, and my son wants to eat in the French restaurant. He'd rather go to Epcot and have escargot than to Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios. And he's never been to either of those!

I agree with the person who said if you stay on Disney property, you can take advantage of their free airport transfers, plus their on-property transportation system. That would save rental or shuttle money.

Archived