Labadee cabana question

Retiredprofessor

I hope to get some insite on the right way to rent a cabana on our upcoming Explorer cruise this May. My DH and I are approaching D+ status and celebrating our 40th anniversary this spring. We have booked our first Grand Suite (usually balcony or jr. suite). We have another couple who are not staying in a suite cruising with us. We have booked cabanas on Labadee on two other occasions. The first time we wait listed on barefoot beach and got a nice cabana for three of us. Second time we prebooked at Nellies Beach. I know we can get a cabana on barefoot because of the Grand Suite but will the others traveling with us be able to join us. The cabanas say they will hold 4-6 people. Or should we prebook on Nellies beach since it open to all? Thank you all in advance for your ideas.

Since you are in a GS, you can get into Barefoot Beach and you can have a total of 6 people.

We did it by emailing the concierge about 2 weeks before our cruise. We even picked where we wanted to be and he confirmed it by email before we were on board.

If 6 people is enough, it's very nice. After you get off the ship and dock, they will pick you up on a tram and take you to BB. You will have someone assigned to your cabana. They will provide floats and snorkel equipment if you like and will get beverages for you.

The lunch area is not crowded and you can get some things not available outside of BB.

We like it a lot. You will also love the GS and the extras that come with it.

Have a great cruise

I hope to get some insite on the right way to rent a cabana on our upcoming Explorer cruise this May. My DH and I are approaching D+ status and celebrating our 40th anniversary this spring. We have booked our first Grand Suite (usually balcony or jr. suite). We have another couple who are not staying in a suite cruising with us. We have booked cabanas on Labadee on two other occasions. The first time we wait listed on barefoot beach and got a nice cabana for three of us. Second time we prebooked at Nellies Beach. I know we can get a cabana on barefoot because of the Grand Suite but will the others traveling with us be able to join us. The cabanas say they will hold 4-6 people. Or should we prebook on Nellies beach since it open to all? Thank you all in advance for your ideas.

I think you can bring your friends. Ask your concierge.

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary.

When you arrive at Barefoot beach to check in for your cabana you will show your sea pass card and be given a wristband to wear, so you can put your seapass card away and come and go in this "gated" area all you want.

When you check in and get your wristbands you will tell the man with the clip board the names of who will be joining you if they are not with you...he will write them down and when they check in they too will get their writst bands and be led to your cabana

Enjoy

Sea Ya

Thanks for the replies. So you think the non-suite people will not have trouble with getting on Barefoot beach as long as they are included in our cabana?:)

We invited non-suite people to join us in our cabana. We just let our concierge know that we did and gave him their names.

Archived