Princess Wine Bottle Package Availability

IECalCruiser

If Princess does make changes to their carry on wine enforcement policy it will be even more important to have the Wine Bottle Package available on all cruises of 10 days or more as stated by Princess. There have been posts that the package has not been available as advertised. They were doing a lot of trials early in 2012 so I only want to have people post their experiences on cruises that departed September 1, 2012 or later. We were on the Golden for B2B Alaskan cruises in early September. No package for the 7 day cruises but the Maitre d' stated it would be offered on the 14 day Hawaiian cruises. I can't verify that. On our 14 day Panama Canal cruise last month the package was available. I will start the tally with:

Island Princess - 01/09/13 - 14 day Panama Canal - Yes

Island Princess Nov/2012 14 day Panama Canal - Yes the wine packages were available.

HOWEVER... we were NOT impressed with the selection offered (had the 12 bottle GOLD package). We had several wines that were quite mediocre by any standard.

Island Princess Nov/2012 14 day Panama Canal - Yes the wine packages were available.

HOWEVER... we were NOT impressed with the selection offered (had the 12 bottle GOLD package). We had several wines that were quite mediocre by any standard.

I think the Silver package is better deal. You save less per bottle, but a number of the reds in that range are quite good. You are able to apply $29 to the price of a more expensive wine and we did that several times.

Current tally:

Crown: 11/20/12 - 12 day Greek Isles - No (Reason: lack of sufficient wine inventory:confused:)

Crown: 12/02/12 - 20 day Med/TA - No (Reason: lack of sufficient wine inventory:confused:)

Emerald: 01/06/13 - 10 day Eastern Caribbean - No

Island: 11/12/12 - 14 day Panama Canal - Yes

Island: 01/09/13 - 14 day Panama Canal - Yes

I got some information from another thread.

Current tally:

Crown: 11/20/12 - 12 day Greek Isles - No (Reason: lack of sufficient wine inventory:confused:)

Crown: 12/02/12 - 20 day Med/TA - No (Reason: lack of sufficient wine inventory:confused:)

Emerald: 01/16/13 - 10 day Southern Caribbean - No

Grand: 09/04/12 - 17 day Mediterranean - No

We will be on the Sapphire March 9 to Hawaii--I have been told that the wine packages will be available the day of embarkation. I ?'d the small list that is on their website and was told that was only a partial list that it would be much larger on the ship.

I was told the same thing by Princess HQ but that didn't happen on either cruise & hopefully it'll available to purchase for you. :)

We will be on the Sapphire March 9 to Hawaii--I have been told that the wine packages will be available the day of embarkation. I ?'d the small list that is on their website and was told that was only a partial list that it would be much larger on the ship.

I too, PERUSED the website list. We found the offerings on the ship to be very limited compared to the overall list.

I think the Silver package is better deal. You save less per bottle, but a number of the reds in that range are quite good. You are able to apply $29 to the price of a more expensive wine and we did that several times.

I agree IECC... the Silver package is probably the better deal. The higher-end reds were few and sparse in the Gold package. Was not impressed.

I added info from Pia on the Grand

Current tally:

Grand: 01/26/13 - 19 day South America - No

Current tally:

Island: 02/06/13 - 10 day Panama Canal - Yes

Looks like you have to sail the Panama canal to get this package :(

I think i misunderstood the wine package though, I thought you bought whichever package and then you chose your bottle from the normal wine list. Is this not the case as people appear to be saying there is a better range on the silver package :confused::confused:

Looks like you have to sail the Panama canal to get this package :(

I think i misunderstood the wine package though, I thought you bought whichever package and then you chose your bottle from the normal wine list. Is this not the case as people appear to be saying there is a better range on the silver package :confused::confused:

I made the comment about the Silver Package. The entire wine list is available to purchasers of both the Silver and Gold packages. IMHO, the selection of wines priced around $29 is better for the cost than the wines priced around $45. A nice feature was that you could buy a more expensive bottle and you would only pay the difference. There are some nice wines in the $30-$32 range and it was nice to just have to pay the up charge. (You actually pay the full price for the more expensive wine and then receive a $29 or $45 credit to your account within a day.

Current tally (10 day or longer cruises):

Crown: 11/20/12 - 12 day Greek Isles - No (Reason: lack of sufficient wine inventory :confused:)

Crown: 12/02/12 - 20 day Med/TA - No (Reason: lack of sufficient wine inventory :confused:)

Island: 02/06/13 - 10 day Panama Canal - Yes

Ruby: 09/03/12 - 12 day Mediterranean - Yes

Ruby: 10/09/12 - 19 day TA - No

I fully agree with you.

I have a feeling that's going to be Part 2 of the new wine policy: Wine package available on all ships as an alternative to bringing your own. They may have to add a wing onto all the ships just for wine inventory! :eek: