Islands Of Italy-June 2013

need2cruisesoon

I'm thinking of booking this cruise as Wind Star has a sale ongoing currently. Has anybody done this sailing in the past? Tell me your experience on the Windsurf and what are some of the evening activities that are offered on this vessel.

My gf says I have ADD and wouldn't last more than a day or two onboard without some kind of of boredom, especially in the evening after dinner as no broadway shows to enjoy. My concern for her is that she is vulnerable to seasickness with the slightest motion or rocking. Would you recommend this cruise for us?

Thanks, Ron

Hi Ron,

We are booked on this cruise as the 2nd leg of a B2B. It's a new itinerary for Windstar and it looks great.

We've sailed Windstar 3 times and I need to alert you about how little entertainment there is in the evenings. Some music in the "showroom/bar" area, and a blackjack table that saw relatively no action while we were onboard.

However, if you head out on deck, there's always something going on. The chance to meet new people as the sails are unfurled, is an experience unlike any other.

Our expectation is after a full day of sightseeing, we'll be ready to have dinner, maybe play some Dominoes on the deck, have a nightcap, and head to bed.

I hope you guys decide to join us.

Hi Ron,

We are booked on this cruise as the 2nd leg of a B2B. It's a new itinerary for Windstar and it looks great.

We've sailed Windstar 3 times and I need to alert you about how little entertainment there is in the evenings. Some music in the "showroom/bar" area, and a blackjack table that saw relatively no action while we were onboard.

However, if you head out on deck, there's always something going on. The chance to meet new people as the sails are unfurled, is an experience unlike any other.

Our expectation is after a full day of sightseeing, we'll be ready to have dinner, maybe play some Dominoes on the deck, have a nightcap, and head to bed.

I hope you guys decide to join us.

Hello Roomiec:

I appreciate your feedback and your invitation to join you on the Windsurf this summer.

This sounds like a great itinerary and a fun ship to explore the coast and Islands of the Italian Riviera. We are looking at another cruise on Oceania around the same time that basically does a similar itinerary but I need something different this time around.

What has my interest peaked is the marina on the boat and the opportunity to use the of the personal watercraft during our time on the med.

Our plan is to fly in Rome board the ship for the week, then once the cruise is over to spend 3-4 nights in Positano and enjoy the Amalfi coast but your B2B has me intrigued as another option.

The dominoes sounds like fun, do you play Backgammon?

Hi Ron,

We've sailed Oceania numerous times and although it's the best of the "big" ships, the Windstar experience with 148 passengers is a far better option.

Most, if not all, of Oceania's itineraries include multiple stops in Croatia. We have "been there/done that" and really feel, for us, it's a waste of 2 stops.

Archived