meghans bay? chairs umbrellas

ebrasl

We have been there a few times. Yes they have washrooms/change rooms. A snack bar. There are some picnic tables scattered here and there. I think there are chairs to rent but I am not actually sure about it. There is a fair bit of shade up by the trees. Oh and be sure to look for the iguanas. We always see them near the treed area to the left as you are facing the ocean. They are always a tourist attraction. i have a picture of one lying on my towel. Including his tail he was about 2 1/2 feet long. :D

The beach is soft white sand, the water clear and very calm and shallow for a fair bit, so I think it is perfect for young kids.

Yes, if you want calm water and a nice big bay Magens is the best choice. They do rent chairs, not sure about umbrellas. If you walk to the north end (to the right as you are facing the water) near the end of the road there are shaded picnic tables and restrooms are close by. The snack bar and gift shop are back by where you enter the park from though. The beach is pretty long and the south end is less busy if you want to go for a walk. Pretty safe area but do use common sense when it comes to leaving your belongings behind.

Nice beach, very calm and easy to wade, but a very busy beach on bigger ship days. We prefer Sapphire Beach for a variety of reasons, but with three 5 yr olds (! :eek:) I think Magens is perfect for you.

Have a great day!

Archived