Tendering time at Grand Cayman??

Netta7

I am interested in tendering times. We will be visiting during a very busy Spring Break time. GC is our shortest stop (7:00-2:00 eastern). We normally book our own excursions as we enjoy smaller groups, but are worried we don't have enough time considering the tenders. How long should we expect to need to get to shore at GC? We are traveling on HAL if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

It depends on how long it takes to fill your tender, but I think from room to pier it takes about 45 min to an hour during busy times. ( like first thing in the morning.)

I have taken more time and less but that is average.

Wow! Cabin to shore took us about 15 min max. on the Poesia. I know that some ships anchor close so I guess you were really far out.

• 6 months later...
Thanks all! We dock at 7 and are supposed to meet our excursion at the Hard Rock at 8. I am a bit nervous about making it, but we will be trying!

I'm curious how this went for you (assuming you already cruised). We are supposed to be in port from 8-4. We are trying to figure out if we should schedule our excursion for 9-2 or 9:30-2:30 - AND, the last tender leaves at 3:15, we're told. Plus, there will be 5 ships in port that day, so not sure if that makes a difference. We are not sure what to do!!!

The issue (if the weather is good and they allow the tenders to run) is the specific ship and how they off load. It's not the tender ride (short, about 5-6 minutes) to shore, it's the way your ship will decided what time they will start tendering, how many people they have on excursions, how their tender process is going to work. Somoe have you pick up tickets in advance and you wait in a lounge until your number is called, some have a free-for all, some allow suite guests off first, it just depends much more on the ships processes than it does on getting to the island once you are on the tender.

I'm curious how this went for you (assuming you already cruised). We are supposed to be in port from 8-4. We are trying to figure out if we should schedule our excursion for 9-2 or 9:30-2:30 - AND, the last tender leaves at 3:15, we're told. Plus, there will be 5 ships in port that day, so not sure if that makes a difference. We are not sure what to do!!!

Always take into account ship time vs cayman time.

Most cruises (not all) stay on ship time.

The cayman islands do not observe daylight savings time.

So in the winter time the Caymans are on Eastern time and in the summer time they are on Central time.

It's just something to conceder.

Most private tour operators quote cayman time on the web pages

Archived