Soda and room service question

496and706

In the beverage part of the website, they still have beverage cards and soda cards. I have heard that they now serve the soda from fountains. What about the room service soda? Is that still in cans? The pictures show that the soda for the rum and cola or scotch and soda is in cans. Has it changed?

Another question. (I should know this, but we haven't had any beverage room service yet.) If I had the soda card or beverage card, can I use the card for room service soda or does it just get charged to the room?

Thanks in advance.

My experience has been that any sodas or mixers, e.g., tonic, club soda, etc, delivered via room service will be charged to your account, not a soda or beverage card. The stewards delivering these beverages won't have a scanning device to scan your card. The same holds true for any sodas or mixers you use from the mini bar. Keep in mind that you are allowed to bring on all the mixers and sodas you desire and those will not be subject to any charge. :)

Yes -- it is true that the Soda card only gets you about 6 ounces of fountain soda.

If you use anything out of the "No Host" mini bar, you are charged for it. The bill will be left in your cabin.

If you want soda or anything else along that line, HAL permits you to bring onto the ship as much soda, tonic, mixers as you want. If you want to use the regular Beverage Card (just for convience) to buy cans of soda -- just stop by any bar/lounge and but whatever you want and take it back to your cabin.

I think they deliver cans of soda if ordered for Room Service. I don't think they'd send a fountain glass of soda.

I'm sure many people carry their cans of soda around the ship. As shown above, who would know the difference?

Thanks everyone!

I will be bringing on at least one case of Coke.

Dh and I were checking out the excursions and beverages last night.

They no longer have Mumm champagne. :mad: Dh usually buys at least 4 bottles per cruise.

Archived