Carnival website issue, anyone else??

jolyroger

Ok so I've been keeping an eye out for price reductions on my upcoming cruise for myself as well as my inlaws.. I checked today for my sister inlaw on her OBC's and now it shows much less than it did last nite(which was correct).. I was waiting for hers to go through for another obc but nothing yet..while my mother inlaws was was where it should be...Anyone else having issues???

carnival's website is a joke, in my mind. Sure it looks all pretty but behind the scenes I think it's a jumble of code that's barely strung together, and as such, things go wonky a lot.

I can't comment on your exact problem but with their site, nothing surprises me. It''s just "lipstick on a pig" :D

Soapbox rant - I just wish companies would spend as much $$ and time on testing/back end stuff as they do on the pretty user interfaces.

carnival's website is a joke, in my mind. Sure it looks all pretty but behind the scenes I think it's a jumble of code that's barely strung together, and as such, things go wonky a lot.

I can't comment on your exact problem but with their site, nothing surprises me. It''s just "lipstick on a pig" :D

Soapbox rant - I just wish companies would spend as much $$ and time on testing/back end stuff as they do on the pretty user interfaces.

i work in IT and i think the main problem with carnival site and other company's is the same problem that my job faces and that is using both new and legacy systems. By combining both old and new systems, glitches, data loses and other nasty things can happen

Ok so I've been keeping an eye out for price reductions on my upcoming cruise for myself as well as my inlaws.. I checked today for my sister inlaw on her OBC's and now it shows much less than it did last nite(which was correct).. I was waiting for hers to go through for another obc but nothing yet..while my mother inlaws was was where it should be...Anyone else having issues???

This happened to me last week. In a panic I called Carnival and after some lengthy time on the phone between a sales rep and her supervisor they straightened it out. They "said" it was because they were working on my form I submitted and it wasn't finished processing yet. Keep an eye on your OBC is the lesson I learned ;)

Sent from my tablet using Tapatalk HD.

jolyroger,

OBC amounts tend to change accurately and inaccurately each time you put in for price drops and sometimes they just change. I always save a digital copy of each drop by saving the online PDF documents, and I always take a screen shot and save a JPEG with date and time stamp of each price drop that I put in for. I have had to send JPEG proof of price drops in the past in order to receive them.

Prior to each cruise I print the most accurate documents and bring them with me, but luckily our OBC has always showed up once on board by the second day.

To some people it sounds like I put a lot of time into the process, but it's actually just a few minutes and my goal is to avoid aggravation; so far it's worked. :) In terms of an hourly wage, I'd estimate that my habits have earned me ~$1000 / hour. It sure would be a nice full time job that's for sure, but the available time is so scarce! :o

i work in IT and i think the main problem with carnival site and other company's is the same problem that my job faces and that is using both new and legacy systems. By combining both old and new systems, glitches, data loses and other nasty things can happen

Yep I agree with this.. .. they need to spend more time and effort on the backend data integrity and functionality ...

Archived