Vacation Protection Question

Cruisin' Cool CAT

Good Morning, Hope everyone is safe in the NE.

I have a question about the vacation protection offered by Carnival, I've checked their FAQs, and well, I tend to have better luck with all of you fellow cruisers :cool:

Before I ask, here's alittle info...I booked us on all on the Magic in Sept...trip is not yet paid in full and I know we can still add the plan. We've booked 2 cabins...a triple and a quad (Mom in the quad). I think my Mother may need to purchase the plan due to an unexpected issue she is dealing with that may still be going on at time of travel. We all live in Texas so no air travel req.

My question is....Is everyone booked in the quad required to purchase the protection plan or can be added to only those individuals that need/want it?

Note: we've never purchased in the past and thankfully everything's worked out for us...I guess we're living on the edge...:eek:

Any information is much appreciated :)

I don't find anything in the description that would indicate that everyone in the cabin would need to purchase the insurance.

I travel with my sister and we purchase insurance through a private company, but we are able to buy individual policies or our usual joint policy.

Easiest thing to do is simply call the 800# this afternoon and ask.

Took the parents on a US cruise 2 years ago when they visited me. I am US resident and they were/are non-US. I took Carnival insurance only for myself as parents were already insured with a round-the-world flight/travel/health/evacuation policy. There was no problem only taking insurance for only one of the persons in the cabin, and thankfully all turned out OK on the cruise.

Good Morning' date=' Hope everyone is safe in the NE.

I have a question about the vacation protection offered by Carnival, I've checked their FAQs, and well, I tend to have better luck with all of you fellow cruisers :cool:

Before I ask, here's alittle info...I booked us on all on the Magic in Sept...trip is not yet paid in full and I know we can still add the plan. We've booked 2 cabins...a triple and a quad (Mom in the quad). I think my Mother may need to purchase the plan due to an unexpected issue she is dealing with that may still be going on at time of travel. We all live in Texas so no air travel req.

My question is....Is everyone booked in the quad required to purchase the protection plan or can be added to only those individuals that need/want it?

Note: we've never purchased in the past and thankfully everything's worked out for us...I guess we're living on the edge...:eek:

Any information is much appreciated :)[/quote']

I've seen too many people on cruises who fell off the edge, without having travel insurance. If you can purchase individual travel insurance from other companies, I see no reason why your mother can't purchase insurance just for her from Carnival. We've always purchased insurance through insure my trip.com, you can do cost comparison.

You don't indicate what type of unexpected issue...but if the issue has already arisen BEFORE you purchase any type of coverage you may not be 'covered' for it since it is a pre-existing condition. You need to make SURE that if you wait until final payment to purchase coverage that whatever the issue is, she will be covered.

Only the specific insurer can answer whether coverage will be available for her specific issue.

You don't indicate what type of unexpected issue...but if the issue has already arisen BEFORE you purchase any type of coverage you may not be 'covered' for it since it is a pre-existing condition. You need to make SURE that if you wait until final payment to purchase coverage that whatever the issue is, she will be covered.

Only the specific insurer can answer whether coverage will be available for her specific issue.

Will do! I will look at that as well...thanks so much! :)

Archived