Celebrity Passages NEVER Again!!!

adamtennis

I do nothing, repeat nothing with Celebrity direct. They could offer ME 1000 OBC to book something direct or onboard and I won’t do it.

They do a lot well. But they can’t answer the phone, and on our recent cruise we we had one suite and one concierge, and neither got an email survey.

Decent cruise, terrible business management.

Love my TA. I just email him, and that’s it.

You do realize that you can do an on board booking and it can immediately be assigned and managed by your TA?

@ Deidre - thanks for the empathy. I agree - misery does love company :)

@Denny01 - since misery does love company (and I'm miserable right now), I'd definitely be interested in hearing what they Brits think about the 123 promo :)

@ Airbalancer & A Sixth - I was considering going on a cruise this spring and use the 123go promotion. However, I just found out that the 123go promotion is not combinable with anything! However, prior to this, I was not able to combine it with a special rate of some kind (honestly, I can't remember if it was a Happy Hour special or a resident rate that we used). And prior to that, I'm not sure what it was not combinable with ... but it was something LOL

As I stated in my original post, I don't even care about the OBC that comes with the passages account. Celebrity doesn't have to give me the onboard credit for giving them my $100. I just want to use my deposit! I simply want to be able to apply my original $100 deposit to my next cruise.

I do appreciate the replies :)

Adam

Thanks for the heads up! I don't know what a passage is, but I'll be sure to avoid it at all costs. Besides it sounds too complicated to me, and I'm about to go on cruise 27. I can't believe Celebrity is so unreasonable.

Not all promos block combining your Passages with other deals, but many do. I haven't used them because I believe you cant combine it with the RCL stockholders OBC which is usually better than the Passages. I get them all mixed up, but I think that is correct.

As soon as the onboard rep starts telling me about a deal, I tell them I'm a stockholder and you can see their face drop.

There are a lot of restrictions to the various sales/benefits and so on....dont even ask the Brits about 1-2-3 unless you want another 100+ post thread!

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm sitting with potential deposits on some Princess cruise that may go to waste just because there are better deals than what the prepaid desposit type deal is.

Den

Actually old bean, the chattering classes have stolen a march of victory on this one. Celebrity seem to have backtracked somewhat on what many viewed as double standards and are currently accommodating those who feel left out? So to speak. ;)

Thanks for the heads up! I don't know what a passage is, but I'll be sure to avoid it at all costs. Besides it sounds too complicated to me, and I'm about to go on cruise 27. I can't believe Celebrity is so unreasonable.

I am not sure if you read the rest of this thread, but it is not true that Celebrity is being unreasonable by any definition. The response was outdated. Of course you are free not to take advantage of the Cruise Now or Open Passage options, but do not base your decision on that comment that is somewhat outdated.

I have two old Passages and I'm just planning to turn them in for a refund. Fortunately, Canadians can do that!

I am putting them on a 2016 B2B and my TA told me it couldn't be used for the current 123GO promo even though I've been able to do that in the past. Plus they only have $100 OBC on each. I have a friend sailing next week who is just going to make me new bookings- then I'll get $150 OBC per leg plus 123GO. Seems to work out much better for me.

I have two old Passages and I'm just planning to turn them in for a refund. Fortunately, Canadians can do that!

I am putting them on a 2016 B2B and my TA told me it couldn't be used for the current 123GO promo even though I've been able to do that in the past. Plus they only have $100 OBC on each. I have a friend sailing next week who is just going to make me new bookings- then I'll get $150 OBC per leg plus 123GO. Seems to work out much better for me.

If you read post 67 you will see that you TA may be mistaken depending on whether it is a special price.

• 2 months later...

Gosh, I don't know what I did right or wrong, but I am on the Top Chef cruise on November 15 on the Reflection.

I booked about 25 days ago through X using a passages certificate. I received a Captain's Club upgrade to 2B, $100 OBC and Pick Your Perk drink package at the lowest veranda price.

I didn't think that was bad at all!

Just used my 'newer' Open Passages for the deposit and did not get any OBC because my fare was a 'guarantee' cabin. The other big problem for me is that my TA was offering OBC, but it's not that easy to transfer the booking. Actually, I guess it's easy to transfer, but it can take up to four weeks to transfer and all bookings must transfered before final payment. That means Open Passages cannot be used for any booking within 4 weeks of final payment (not cruise date).

Just used my 'newer' Open Passages for the deposit and did not get any OBC because my fare was a 'guarantee' cabin rate and that's another one of the restrictions. The other big problem for me was that my TA was offering their own OBC for the booking. However, you must book with Celebrity (actually, you already have a booking under the Open Passages) and then transfer it to your TA. Two problems were: 1. It can take up to four week to transfer the booking to the TA and 2. The transfer must be completed before the final payment date. I booked 3 weeks before final payment due date and Celebrity agent admitted there wasn't enough time to transfer the booking. So, I lost out on the TA's OBC too.