Roll Calls

lewes

Hello

My wife and I are first time cruisers on Oceania sailing on the Marina October 9 2013 Barcelona to Rome.

On other cruise lines we always had an active Rill Call on Cruise Critic for each of the cruises we have been on. The Roll Call for this cruise is very inactive.

Is this normal?

It just depends on your shipmates

We have been on some very active roll calls for over a year away & then some it is like pulling teeth to get any interaction going

Sometime as the cruise gets closer it will get more people checking in

Good luck

Enjoy the cruise

Lyn

Our experience has been the same.

We have a roll call for May 2014 that is extremely active, another for November 2013 that is also very active.

But our October 2011 roll call in the Med was sometimes deader than a doornail. We did end up with a M&G party with about 50 people, but most activity was very late.

Sometimes it helps to check the roll call from the year before if you want to get info about tours. That won't help you in getting people to join you on tours , of course!

Good luck!

Mura

We are on that itinerary in June and the roll call is very quiet. I am hoping that as we get closer it will pick up. I have been spending more time in the ports forums trying to get info on what to do. Our last cruise was the Baltic and was very active, but then so many people were arranging private tours in St. Petersburg. A friend is on a Sept. London to Barcelona cruise and they have posters making charts of who's from where and what tours they're all taking! I'm so jealous.

Hello

My wife and I are first time cruisers on Oceania sailing on the Marina October 9 2013 Barcelona to Rome.

On other cruise lines we always had an active Rill Call on Cruise Critic for each of the cruises we have been on. The Roll Call for this cruise is very inactive.

Is this normal?

I checked out your itinerary and see that I can make some suggestions about SOME of your ports. Write to me and I'll be happy to make suggestions.

Of course, I can't get other cruisers on a tour! But maybe if you post an inquiry for other travelers you will get some responses.

See may email link below.

Calvin81, I couldn't check out your itinerary without more info but feel free to contact me if you wish!

Mura

Archived