Fire on Carnival Triumph. No engines, running on emergency generators.

nixonzm

Oh my gosh, thank you! I've been looking for a post by someone who might have this answer for 51 pages lolol. This is good (and interesting) information to know. I'm gonna go pull that rule and check it out. Thanks again!

You're welcome! I saw an earlier post asking for this information. It is subdivisions (b)(9) and (b)(10) of that regulation.

One of the sad things about this whole situation is that I am getting more information from a board then I am from Carnival. Carnival has no idea how they are going to get that many people flights or how long it is going to take. The last lady I talked to at Carnival said they are working on getting flights booked but didn't know when, what airline or airport the passengers would fly into or out of.

The passengers can go below deck but the temp below deck is rising and not comfortable to stay in their rooms or suites for any length of time.

My dad and mom are onboard. They were able to piggyback enough signal from another ship to text. He said that Carnival told them that after they arrive in Progresso they would bus the passengers to Merida and then fly from Merida to Houston and then bus to Galveston. Hopefully this helps!

My experience of being on a ship when the transformer blew was similiar to the passengers on the Triumph. We had no a/c, no flushing toilets, no elevators, no hot foods (it was breakfast).We were 10 miles off the coast of Venezuela. To say it was hot is an understatement. Trust me it isn't FUN to be on a ship that loses power. We were towed after six or seven hours. The crew were wonderful and helpful. They helped carry wheelchair passengers up and down the stairs due to no elevators. Once at port we were met bycrew from Miami who had the part to fix the problem. Around midnight we left and were on our way. We were compensated for the inconvience which we didn't expect.

When all of this first happened you could hear passengers saying "they would own the cruiseline" for putting them in this awful position. Really?? No Captain wants to be in any position that puts passengers in harms way.

I feel terrible for the passengers onboard but thankfully they are safe! This will be one experience they will remember.

Carol

Carol...you would be someone I would enjoy cruising with. Make the best of a bad situation. :)

berryberry - you post has justfied what I was saying. While the quotes you provided do show us glimpses of what is going on they by no means tell us the whole story. I am not discounting them either, they have been helpful in sorting out the truth here and are very much welcomed.

Scott

I love to find the best thing in any situation (perhaps my mentality of being a Firefighter Paramedic) and I think that as long as I had an aft wrap and was not with my wife, (cause she would never cruise again) I think I would like the adventure of being on this ship during this situation.

berryberry - you post has justfied what I was saying. While the quotes you provided do show us glimpses of what is going on they by no means tell us the whole story. I am not discounting them either, they have been helpful in sorting out the truth here and are very much welcomed.

Scott

there you go again - with the "by no means tell us the whole story"

Don't you think the going to the bathroom in bags, limited food, 2+ hour lines for meatless hamburgers, only water to drink and having to sleep on deck tell enough of the story to paint the picture

dwjoe- I read those posts, as I have read every other in this thread. First hand accounts are good, but let's get down to facts and not what people are writing. I agree those are probably the closest things we are getting to the truth, but not 100%.

One post I read said people are being told to sleep outside, one of the quotes we got said they slept outside by choice. See the confusion here? All I have been saying is let's wait for ALL the facts to come out before we jump on the banwagon.

Scott

Agree.

Shame on you, Carnival.

Things happen, but you knew this was going on and risked it.

A big shame on you. :(

Seriously, how do you people who are not there and most likely not mechanics, know this?

I'm not saying there isn't a correlation, but until there is an investigation, NOBODY knows.

Basically, **** happens with machinary all the time.

It could very well be unrelated; but as I said, until there is an investigation NOBODY knows.

Andy.

:confused:

Initially, thoughts and prayers for the pax and crew on the Triumph.

My daughter is scheduled to be on this Ship on March 16th with 15 Sorority Sisters (Pi Phis from Oklahoma University) for a Spring Break. I tried a mock booking for Triumph and the first available booking was for March 21st. I know that Carnival has cancelled the next 2 cruises. My guess is that the 2 or 3 cruises around Spring break were already sold out. Hopefully, it will be fixed for her cruise. It is not truly fixed, hopefully they will not put a bandaid on her and send her out.

My wife and I cruised out of Galveston from January 26 to February 2 (Princess). The parking folks told us that the Triumph had been regularly arriving late by 2 to 4 hours due to propulsion problems. The propulsion problem is a known ongoing problem for this ship.

Mousehouse14 - Just received a text message from my wife. They are being served hamburgers and salad from another ship that is along side. Lines are taking 2 plus hours to get through to get food and drink.

Tug boat has been delayed for 3 or more hours for some reason. Just received another text message.

VIVA MEXICO ..Just great!:mad::mad:

My dad and mom are onboard. They were able to piggyback enough signal from another ship to text. He said that Carnival told them that after they arrive in Progresso they would bus the passengers to Merida and then fly from Merida to Houston and then bus to Galveston. Hopefully this helps!

Okie, thanks for the update. Do you know by any chamce what Carnival is telling them about the passport requirement?

I hope your parents are doing okay considering the circumstances. How are you? You must be worried. :( I'm sorry.

Not fair. Ducklite is standing up to those posters who want to give Carnival a free pass on this. Some of their remarks border on the absurd... like comparing the situation onboard to going camping. Ducklite's been pretty polite about it IMO...

Agree!:)

Initially, thoughts and prayers for the pax and crew on the Triumph.

My daughter is scheduled to be on this Ship on March 16th with 15 Sorority Sisters (Pi Phis from Oklahoma University) for a Spring Break. I tried a mock booking for Triumph and the first available booking was for March 21st. I know that Carnival has cancelled the next 2 cruises. My guess is that the 2 or 3 cruises around Spring break were already sold out. Hopefully, it will be fixed for her cruise. It is not truly fixed, hopefully they will not put a bandaid on her and send her out.

My wife and I cruised out of Galveston from January 26 to February 2 (Princess). The parking folks told us that the Triumph had been regularly arriving late by 2 to 4 hours due to propulsion problems. The propulsion problem is a known ongoing problem for this ship.

Last night only February sailings had been taken down. This morning the first three weeks of March sailings were gone also. None of them were sold out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dwjoe- I read those posts, as I have read every other in this thread. First hand accounts are good, but let's get down to facts and not what people are writing. I agree those are probably the closest things we are getting to the truth, but not 100%.

One post I read said people are being told to sleep outside, one of the quotes we got said they slept outside by choice. See the confusion here? All I have been saying is let's wait for ALL the facts to come out before we jump on the banwagon.

Ok, let's think about that for a minute. Not trying to attack you, just let's have an honest think. I'm going to assume that first hand reported info is accurate to the extent of what is actually observed.

There have been multiple reports of it being very hot in the cabins.

So it seems likely that many are sleeping outside, whether by choice, necessity, or direction from CCL. It's also possible that different pax are being told different things in this regard.

If this seems premature "speculation", I respectfully point out that it's based on multiple firsthand accounts, and likely more accurate than official CCL press releses. We have one relative of a pax onboard who says this thread is a better source of info than CCL.

To the posters who have family/friends on board, I hope they are safe and out of this nightmare scenario very soon.

To everyone saying they would "have no problem" with being on the ship or who would rather be on the ship...even saying "I'd just leave my balcony door open and be fine", etc. You do realize that they are DEFECATING IN THE SHOWERS, BUCKETS & BAGS???? :eek::eek::eek:

So you are saying that Carnival is lying about the fact that they have restored use of many public and stateroom toilets?

I always find it interesting that people sitting in their homes thousands of miles from events like this feel that they know more than those directly involved.

I feel badly for the people stuck on the ship, but yep...I am one of *those* who would be just fine with being stuck out there for a couple of days. I don't eat a lot and would be content to just sit and read in the sun all day. I have liberal time off at work, and would not be completely put out by the schedule change. The long lines for food and the inconveniences of not having full power, etc., would bug me, but it would be totally worth it for me to end up with two cruises out of the deal. Now, if a huge storm came up, you might see me changing my mind real quick! :)

dwjoe I didn't think you were attcaking me and I wasn't of you. All I have been saying is that there is alot of speclation going on. The few first hand experiences we have been getting are good, but they only tell the story from that person's pioint of view. Since we only have about 4-6 of these, and there are 3000+ people on board the view is very narrow.

Scott

Yes, I am saying Carnival is lying about the fact that they have restored the use of toilets. My father is on the ship and has been texting me - only 15min ago he stated that the toilets are still not working.

If you're father says so it must be true right. Because of the hundreds of toilets on that ship he knows none of them work right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I am saying Carnival is lying about the fact that they have restored the use of toilets. My father is on the ship and has been texting me - only 15min ago he stated that the toilets are still not working.

The Coast Guard has stated the toilets are working in the forward area. Why would they lie for Carnival?

Archived