Fire on Carnival Triumph. No engines, running on emergency generators.

nixonzm

Saw more than one picture like this. Is there an explanation other than vandalism?

07fe87f6bd49b14c02967247077083a4.jpg

Yes...apparently pressure built up in the non-functioning vacuum system. Some pipes burst with enough force to dislodge the toilets from the walls on the lower decks.

For those who wonder why it was unsafe to convey the passengers to another vessel in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico, here is a quote from one of the couples on the cruise about the bringing of supplies from one ship to the Triumph:

“It was pretty rough. At one point, the waves were so high that they had a boat with four guys in it bringing the food and the waves were so high they have to wait until a swell would come along to throw it.

“They’d have two guys tossing boxes while the other two were throwing up over the side of the boat. Then, they’d switch.”

Yes...apparently pressure built up in the non-functioning vacuum system. Some pipes burst with enough force to dislodge the toilets from the walls on the lower decks.

I did read where a woman said her toilet exploded but I thought it was an exaggeration. Guess not.

See you are doing the "conversation" wrong... You are not supposed to give respect to people's viewpoints, you are supposed to fling red biohazard bags at their thoughts.

(This post is sarcasm)

Thank you airmj2123! I appreciate your humor. :D Love the visual of flinging red biohazard bags btw. ;)

Urine is not sterile unless its in a sterile place....it's not sterile outside the body, unless its been collected using an aseptic technique into a sterile container.

Then it looses it's sterility due to whatever it comes into contact with, not because it isn't sterile in and of itself when it comes out...

Urine is not sterile unless its in a sterile place....it's not sterile outside the body, unless its been collected using an aseptic technique into a sterile container.

Well yes. There are components to it that may be useful but it can't be called sterile at the point it touches any external body part.

People did what they had to do in this case, but it's gauche behavior (and it's not sterile) to urinate in the sink or shower of a cruise ship outside of an extreme situation.

I'm not an expert but the "flash point" on deisel fuel is about 140-160 degrees, engine oil 220-240. If you spill some on the ground, drop a match on it, it will not ignite. So return line? Gotta be engine oil? Right? Theres no need for a "return line" for fuel....so I'm thinking. Whatever oil it was, had to be there a while......wherever and whatever it was.....I'm thinking......anyone?

There is indeed a need for a return line for fuel injection including diesel.

Holy Smokes! Exploding toilets. Shouldn't there be some sort of safety feature to prevent that from happening.

Archived