Sky Suite 1067 on the Century

Begete

I admit up front to being a nervous Nellie, so please no flames.

DH and I have had a horrific last 6 months watching two close family member die horrible, slow, painful deaths, the last not yet 2 weeks ago. For that reason, we decided at about as last minute as one could get, to treat ourselves to a luxury cruise somewhere warm, where we could simply relax in peace and quiet and bury our sorrows in some good books in privacy, with everything done for us. We never booked a suite before, and didn't give it much thought when our travel agent told us on Tuesday we got the last one, 1067.

He assured us it was NOT one with the smaller balcony/verandas of the Sky suites, as was the other that from the ship drawings online, had also been available Monday had we booked then. A big veranda was important to us because we intend to spend most of this cruise to Hawaii in the two lounge chairs shown in the photos of the larger veranda Sky suites.

So now that I am calmed down a bit, I am wondering what is wrong with this suite that it was the last one remaining when we booked this past Tuesday.

Has anyone stayed in it? I did pack a noise machine since I see it isn't far from the elevator and stairways, but being midship, and almost adjacent to the penthouse suites, one would think this would be one of the first Sky suites to go.

My nerves simply could not stand any more surprises, especially bad ones, so if you have any information to share, please do so ASAP.

thank you.

Greetings Begete; so sorry for your recent losses. Cruising can calm the soul and soothe the mind; I think you made a wise choice for your sanity.

Deck 10 sky suites are wonderful with the larger balcony. Huge balcony that is....

If you are looking for a problem spot, then it would probably be slight noise issues since you are right at the elevator junction, so passengers would be coming your way to get to their staterooms. This would be mitigated by the fact that the Century has forward, mid and aft elevators, so most folks will eventually utilize the elevator closest to their room. You might hear some early morning chair scraping, since you are one deck below the pool deck. The last thing I would have concerns about would be the idea that folks could look out over deck 12 into your balcony area, (the area that is not covered) so privacy might be an issue. Of course, part of your balcony will be covered, thus providing shade and privacy.

None of the above would be a deal breaker for me, and the sky suites are rather spacious.

Archived