NCL Adult only freestile deck

tgcassidy

Clothing optional sunning. I remember on the Jade two summers ago, midday when all the chairs were taken, people would walk up the steps to that deck and quickly turn around and tell their companions to not come up. Then, they'd hurry back down. I never went up to see, A. what types of people were up there, and B. how clothing optional it was. I could only guess from the reactions of the people trying to get back down those stairs as quickly as they could!

Clothing optional sunning. I remember on the Jade two summers ago, midday when all the chairs were taken, people would walk up the steps to that deck and quickly turn around and tell their companions to not come up. Then, they'd hurry back down. I never went up to see, A. what types of people were up there, and B. how clothing optional it was. I could only guess from the reactions of the people trying to get back down those stairs as quickly as they could!

Hmmm...I wonder if the bar service waiters venture up there.

I was wondering what goes on on the freestyle adult deck? Do all NCL cruises have them? I was recently on the epic and they had one.

I heard it is like an Oprah's Book Club up there. Just for racy vacation novels.

Yeah, right. :)

Hmmm...I wonder if the bar service waiters venture up there.

It's one of the few areas where the bar staff does not have to serve. On the other hand they'll be happy to tell you who's willing to deliver orders there. Some of the bar staff find it hard to contain their amusement after they've returned from the freestyle deck.

• 1 year later...

They had one on a Carnival cruise I went on. The creepy part about it is not the sunbathers but the men who go up to stare at them and are so obvious about it. They don't even pull up a chair they just stand there. It's really disgusting.

They had one on a Carnival cruise I went on. The creepy part about it is not the sunbathers but the men who go up to stare at them and are so obvious about it. They don't even pull up a chair they just stand there. It's really disgusting.

If you don't want someone looking at it don't show it off!

Edited by JoseCanYouSea

I heard there was (not quite sure how to put this).. ok then,, BREASTFEEDING going on. the people who turn around are those that thing it should only take place in toilets......

Oh, the horror. You'd think humans were MAMMALS or something.

I heard there was (not quite sure how to put this).. ok then,, BREASTFEEDING going on. the people who turn around are those that thing it should only take place in toilets......

Agree a woman should be able to feed her child, however I would think this deck, above all on the ship, would be 'adults only'......in other words, no babies.

We were on the Gem last week, and the sign designating the "Freestyle sun deck" as "adults only" was gone. (It was actually removed - you can see where it once was.)

So it appears there is no longer an adults only sundeck - at least on the Gem.

Agree a woman should be able to feed her child, however I would think this deck, above all on the ship, would be 'adults only'......in other words, no babies.

I actually agree with that Zoey - I was just messing around with people turning around because of that.. :D

Freestile is not a word. Nor is it a deck.

Why dig up a post from a year ago about such a ridiculous subject?

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Am afraid one word answers this titilation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was wondering what goes on on the freestyle adult deck? Do all NCL cruises have them? I was recently on the epic and they had one.

Hahahaha, I would like to know if all of the ships have them as well.

So ... my husband and I visited and stayed on the freestyle adult deck one night while on the Epic. There was no one else there tho ... but from what I heard (and what we did), you can sunbathe nude. It's in a very small space and no one will go there unless they're looking for it really. They had chairs, but that was it. Nothing special. At least, that was the case on the day/night we were there.