Just back from NCL Sky

clwalkermn

We are trying the Sky next weekend and I am pretty excited. I love the Sun and we will be boarding her 2 days later but we figured since we had to fly to Miami anyway, we would extend our trip by doing a weekend cruise. So excited to try a different ship.

I don't have a lot of expectations based on some of the things I have read but I do expect to have a great time! Like people have said, you can have two people on the same cruise and have different experiences. I am positive ours will be great! Although I will be a little embarassed to be boarding a weekend cruise with 2 50lb pieces of luggage:D

That made me chuckle!! We were the same as we were staying with family and then heading for Orlando after our Sky 3-nighter!!:)

Enjoy your cruises!

We were on the 4 night Sky in January over NYE... We are fans of NCL but have also done a lot of other lines. We enjoyed the cruise, but we honestly felt like this ship was where the staff were trained or where they put them on their way out...

I can't explain it other than we noticed a huge dip in level of service compared to other NCL ships or other lines. It was not enough for us to really complain but noticeable.... :)

The Sky was built for Freestyle 1.0 and has had quite a life - I was last on her in Alaska in 2003 - I know she has had major retrofits since then - everything from being re branded and re named for HI and then those changes reversed and put into service doing a simple two port twice a week run. I am sure that doing two cruises in the same timeframe as most ships do one would be very taxing on the crew and harder to keep morale up. I am sure that NCL is planning her retirement at some point in time esp as the new ships come on line over the next few years.

Not sure about the retirement idea given that NCL just bought her this past July (2012) until then she had been leased. We've been on the 4 night once and going again in 4 weeks. We have also been on Jewel, Pearl & Sun. We loved the sky... agree that the staff are not as "in your face" but we always did attract one or two who seemed to be everywhere we where and made our trip that much more enjoyable. You get what you pay for.... I think it's great value.

Too bad OP did not enjoy, better luck next time.

this will be our third trip with NCL...first on the Sky...sailing in about 40 days from now! We are excited to cruise again and will post our experience when we return!!!:)

Looking forward to reading your review when you get back. Have a great time.

Archived