Just off carnival Legend,going to take a break from Cruising

thesawch

We're taking a break from cruising with Carnival as well.

We were on the 1/27 sailing of the Conquest and while we did enjoy it, we did notice some of the cutbacks as well.

Had never been disappointed with cruise food until this time. The shows were a disappointment with the video "sets" and only 8 singers/dancers. We noticed tables in the buffet being left dirty for quite awhile, and as you said cups and trash by the pool not removed quickly. A lot of "little things" but they do add up and it will probably be at least a couple of years before we cruise again, and we will be trying a different line next time.

Yes, I noticed all this too on the Glory. Sad that carnival doesn't realize they are shooting themselves in the foot doing this. They're saving a penny, but losing a pound. All these cut backs are putting a lot of people off, who will now go with other cruise lines.

We will be taking a break from cruising with Carnival for a few years as we are tired of the same shows,food and now a DJ on the deck with no more live music up by the pool.

Never hurts to take a break from your favorite cruise line.

We like to "sleep around" ... keeps cruising fresh for us. :)

LuLu

~~~~

Never hurts to take a break from your favorite cruise line.

We like to "sleep around" ... keeps cruising fresh for us. :)

LuLu

~~~~

This comment made me laugh out loud! Nice, haha. I'm planning on sleeping around three times this year with Royal Caribbean. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Yes, I noticed all this too on the Glory. Sad that carnival doesn't realize they are shooting themselves in the foot doing this. They're saving a penny, but losing a pound. All these cut backs are putting a lot of people off, who will now go with other cruise lines.

This reminds me of a recent thread where it was speculated that Carnival does this deliberately so people will book on one of their "higher tiered" lines. Sort of like graduating to another level of cruising, I suppose. I wonder if the theory has any merit.

Archived