Kusadasi question

I wonder if anyone can help with a Kusadasi question…

We have visited Kusadasi before and have no particular need/desire to do the Ephesus trail again. Instead, we thought we’d try to re-stock the spice cupboard – particularly with saffron which is very good value when compared with the price paid for minute quantities in the UK!

We’ll be docked on a Sunday and I wondered if anyone could a) advise if there is a spice market open on a Sunday and, if so, b) where it is.

All help gratefully received.

Thank you

I wonder if anyone can help with a Kusadasi question…

We have visited Kusadasi before and have no particular need/desire to do the Ephesus trail again. Instead, we thought we’d try to re-stock the spice cupboard – particularly with saffron which is very good value when compared with the price paid for minute quantities in the UK!

We’ll be docked on a Sunday and I wondered if anyone could a) advise if there is a spice market open on a Sunday and, if so, b) where it is.

All help gratefully received.

Thank you

Unless there is another market I found this...you may be aout of luck I am sorrry to say.

28 – Visit one of the Kusadasi Markets

must-do-28.jpg

There are 3 markets held in Kusadasi;

*The Tuesday market is the fruit and veg market.

*The Wednesday Market is the clothes and textiles market. It’s very busy with lots of hustling and bustling going on. Bargains aplenty with all the latest genuine fake designer goods.

*The Friday Market is held in the same place as the Wednesday market and sells fruit and vegetables.

The Wednesday Market is the most popular, with stalls full of spices, souvenirs, bags, jeans and other clothes. Haggling there is a must and if you feel like you are getting ripped off, walk away.

Unless there is another market I found this...you may be aout of luck I am sorrry to say.

28 – Visit one of the Kusadasi Markets

must-do-28.jpg

There are 3 markets held in Kusadasi;

*The Tuesday market is the fruit and veg market.

*The Wednesday Market is the clothes and textiles market. It’s very busy with lots of hustling and bustling going on. Bargains aplenty with all the latest genuine fake designer goods.

*The Friday Market is held in the same place as the Wednesday market and sells fruit and vegetables.

The Wednesday Market is the most popular, with stalls full of spices, souvenirs, bags, jeans and other clothes. Haggling there is a must and if you feel like you are getting ripped off, walk away.

Hi cberge

Thanks for the quick reply.

I saw this and feared as much but, ever the optimist, I thought a regular visitor or local might know differently...

Your help is appreciated.

WT

Similar question : is the Bazaar near the port open when a ship arrives on a Sunday? I am referring to the leather shops and regular stores. Thanks.

Yes, open every day 9 to midnight.Be prepared to say NO and mean it,dicker on price,have fun.Most places sell the same things.There are also some shops right at the port that are very nice,but not the same thing as the bazaar by any means:D

Hi cberge

Thanks for the quick reply.

I saw this and feared as much but, ever the optimist, I thought a regular visitor or local might know differently...

Your help is appreciated.

WT

You know...you could always ask when walking around if there is a place to buy spices even if spice market not open...there may be a vendor or two off a side street.

Yes, open every day 9 to midnight.Be prepared to say NO and mean it,dicker on price,have fun.Most places sell the same things.There are also some shops right at the port that are very nice,but not the same thing as the bazaar by any means:D

Thanks ! This Bazaar is just a 5 or 10 minute walk from the ship, correct? Or do we need a taxi?

Thanks ! This Bazaar is just a 5 or 10 minute walk from the ship, correct? Or do we need a taxi?

Just a short walk...no taxi.There really is a lot to see away from the bazaar as well off on some side street. Great seafood by the port as well as they have some good restos.Have fun.

You know...you could always ask when walking around if there is a place to buy spices even if spice market not open...there may be a vendor or two off a side street.

Excellent idea - thanks. And I've even dowloaded a list of stuff in Turkish to help!

And cruisemom42

Trust me, someone will have a brother or an uncle or a cousin who sells them. ;)

I was forgetting the ever-present entrepreneurial spirit...

Thank you both

WT

Archived