Beach or Downtown Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale

cruzluver2

My husband and I are looking for a precruise hotel in April for one night. We will not have a vehicle and want to be close to restuarants, water taxi, shopping. I have looked at Hyatt Place on 17th street. Has anyone stayed here? It looks to be in the budget. Does the beach have hotels that are within walking distance of restuarants? Any recommendations on these areas with hotel suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help!:)

Hyatt Place is in a good location. Beach area hotels near a lot of restaurants:

Beach Place

Ritz Carlton

Alhambra

Westin

W

Hilton

Courtyard

Bahia Mar

B Ocean is near a few restaurants and walking distance to Galleria Mall.

Marriott Harbor Beach, Sheraton, and Best Wester Oceanside are a little further but also walkable.

Hyatt Pl is not on/nearer to the beach. It that's a priority, you might want to look at Bahia Mar or Sheraton..those are moderate and for one night a great beach location. BTW, those two hotels are often on Hotwire for even lower rates.

1851 SE 10'th Ave. is the address for the Hyatt Place North located directly southwest of the Embassy Suites and west of the Harbor Shops. Stayed there in April, 2012, it was okay, we prefer Embassy but the price was right at $80. Enjoy. BTW, we are staying at Renaissance on 17'th, April, 2013- $125+ on Priceline.:D:cool:

If the Hyatt is in the budget you really can't go wrong with it. Shopping and restaurants are there and the water taxi isn't far. There are certainly better options with better locations but they may be out of the budget.

My husband and I are looking for a precruise hotel in April for one night. We will not have a vehicle and want to be close to restuarants, water taxi, shopping. I have looked at Hyatt Place on 17th street. Has anyone stayed here? It looks to be in the budget. Does the beach have hotels that are within walking distance of restuarants? Any recommendations on these areas with hotel suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help!:)

We are staying there in April but have not stayed there before. If you go online to valuetrips.com, the room is $99.00/nite and includes free shuttle from the airport and also free shuttle to the port (if booked by this site), and free breakfast. Also walking distance to a Publix and restaurants. A friend who is cruising with us has stayed there before and really liked it for convenience. If you stay, let me know how you like it :)

Hyatt Pl is not on/nearer to the beach. It that's a priority, you might want to look at Bahia Mar or Sheraton..those are moderate and for one night a great beach location. BTW, those two hotels are often on Hotwire for even lower rates.

Are those hotels considered 4 star? With hotline, what suggestions do you have to try to get one of these hotels? We will be staying at Hyatt Place pre-cruise but am considering a hotel on the beach for two nights post cruise.

Thanks! Sue

We are staying there in April but have not stayed there before. If you go online to valuetrips.com, the room is $99.00/nite and includes free shuttle from the airport and also free shuttle to the port (if booked by this site), and free breakfast. Also walking distance to a Publix and restaurants. A friend who is cruising with us has stayed there before and really liked it for convenience. If you stay, let me know how you like it :)

My day 4/13/13 is not avail :( was all excited about price

RoyalCruz, can you recommend a Tiki Bar/restaurant near those beach hotels that you listed earlier, please?

We are staying at the Alhambra for a couple of nights, and last year on our road trip down the Keys, we found our home away from home, the Florida Tiki Bars of the Keys! Two of our favourites were Alabama Jacks in Downtown Cardstown, Key Largo, and Hook Line and Drinker in Marathon Key, I believe it was.

Anything with a water view, varied and tasty fresh seafood and cold beer would be great, thanks.

Royal Cruz -

I recently booked the Gallery One/Doubletree on East Sunrise Boulevard. I didn't see this hotel listed in one of your earlier posts. Is this hotel in a good location? Is it walking distance to beach, restauants, shopping and nightlife? I chose this hotel because I wanted to book a suite room so that all 6 of us could be together in one room. My options are limited as a result. It seems like I should be looking for hotels on Seebreeze Boulevard instead. If you have any better recommendations let me know. Thanks!

Royal Cruz -

I recently booked the Gallery One/Doubletree on East Sunrise Boulevard. I didn't see this hotel listed in one of your earlier posts. Is this hotel in a good location? Is it walking distance to beach, restauants, shopping and nightlife? I chose this hotel because I wanted to book a suite room so that all 6 of us could be together in one room. My options are limited as a result. It seems like I should be looking for hotels on Seebreeze Boulevard instead. If you have any better recommendations let me know. Thanks!

Gallery One is in an excellent location for what you are looking for. For night life there are only 2 options that I can think of...Blue Martini at Galleria (upscale) and McSorley's or The Parrot at the beach (casual, younger).

RoyalCruz, can you recommend a Tiki Bar/restaurant near those beach hotels that you listed earlier, please?

We are staying at the Alhambra for a couple of nights, and last year on our road trip down the Keys, we found our home away from home, the Florida Tiki Bars of the Keys! Two of our favourites were Alabama Jacks in Downtown Cardstown, Key Largo, and Hook Line and Drinker in Marathon Key, I believe it was.

Anything with a water view, varied and tasty fresh seafood and cold beer would be great, thanks.

The closest thing to a tiki bar is Bahia Cabana on a marina by the south end of Ft Lauderdale Beach, across the street from the Sheraton.

Sounds like I've found the exact right thread! We are going to be in FLL for three nights in April pre-TA. We stayed at The Crowne Plaza in Hollywood last time, which was inexpensive and fine, but we'd like to stay closer to the port/action/downtown/water taxi area this time. We are FF's with Hilton and Marriott but prefer not to use points if we can find a nice hotel that's reasonable. I've looked at quite a few but would love some more suggestions if anything comes to mind.

Thanks!!

Cathy

Sounds like I've found the exact right thread! We are going to be in FLL for three nights in April pre-TA. We stayed at The Crowne Plaza in Hollywood last time, which was inexpensive and fine, but we'd like to stay closer to the port/action/downtown/water taxi area this time. We are FF's with Hilton and Marriott but prefer not to use points if we can find a nice hotel that's reasonable. I've looked at quite a few but would love some more suggestions if anything comes to mind.

Thanks!!

Cathy

A great hotel for you would be the Riverside, in the middle of all the action downtown, a block from the water taxi, and 3 miles from the port.

Try Extended Stay America - Just outside the port gates - Short walk to all you require

A great hotel for you would be the Riverside, in the middle of all the action downtown, a block from the water taxi, and 3 miles from the port.

Thanks--I looked into it, but it is expensive for our dates and for what it seems to be from the website. I'm looking at **** beach area hotels on Hotwire for $50 less--I don't know what I'm doing though!! Trying to figure it all out. . .what a PITA!!! ;)

Archived