Very Poor Response and Customer Service From Carnival. Please read..

Arcticcat

Stranded? Really? So am I imagining all the reports, and what I see on TV of being towed back to shore? That other ships and helicopters dropped off supplies?

If you know so much about how easy it is "in this day and age" to transfer thousands of people from one ship in the middle of the ocean to another, why aren't you in the business of doing that? There is no comparison to a tender port where you're not in the middle of the sea, and the ship is anchored.

Ships can anchor in the middle of the sea? Is there an endless supply of chain on the anchor? You're (correct spelling) so knowledgeable about how ships work, you must work in the shipping industry. Why didn't you go rescue them?

You have all the answers, don't you? Are you really on board the Triumph? Come on, you can tell us! Unless you are, I think you need to simmer down and go blow off steam somewhere else. Carnival owes you nothing but the cruises you're booked for.

yet the ship was blown 90 miles off course while waiting for the tug to come to get them to Progresso. So far that they changed the plan and are towing them to Mobile instead.

Are you drunk? Or just bored and looking to argue with the internet?

They ARE towing them to the closest shore. Seriously, *** is wrong with you? Step away from your computer and go get some fresh air. You're the only one in this thread that's buying what you're selling.

I just might love you. LOL

I'm confused as to why you think you're entitled to a refund for cruises booked on other Carnival ships :confused:

Even if you purchased insurance, it wouldn't apply to this.

I think it is because in the eyes of many people, including me, Carnival has mistreated its customers terribly. I would not wish to be treated thus. The OP is now aware that if something bad happens he or she will be treated like dirt.

Absurd? They CAN anchor (manually), they tender all the time, transfer ship to ship! Wow must be lots of Carnival staff on here!!!

BTW when they offer a OBC to currently booked passengers, make sure you don't use it, as your not entitled to it LMAO

How were they going to get the anchor back up? Congo line?

Absurd? They CAN anchor (manually), they tender all the time, transfer ship to ship! Wow must be lots of Carnival staff on here!!!

BTW when they offer a OBC to currently booked passengers, make sure you don't use it, as your not entitled to it LMAO

Do you relize that the depth of the Gulf in most ares is too deep to drop an anchor.

I think it is because in the eyes of many people, including me, Carnival has mistreated its customers terribly. I would not wish to be treated thus. The OP is now aware that if something bad happens he or she will be treated like dirt.

Please tell me how could have they have treated the customers differently.

Like dirt- how? Inadequate compensation, maybe and time will tell on that one (many lost real wages in terms of missing work-that can amount to thousands of dollars). Forcing a release for transportation home--way out of line IF true.

What else??????????

Open sea transfers...anyone thinking that is a possibility is an idiot and has NO KNOWLEDGE of just how dangerous such a proposition is. NO KNOWLEDGE of marine engineering. NO KNOWLEDGE as to what goes into tender transfers (calm port, fully working ship with thrusters etc to maintain and control the ships movements). NO KNOWLEDGE of the legal consequences for such an act in the event of a death or serous injury during the process (not just monetary but potential criminal liability).

Conditions on the ship-horrible and disgusting for many. But many folks here need to grow up and realize when something "happens" out at sea you can't just call your mommy.

As far as the OP--total idiot. Cancelling for what????? Totally different ship, no justification for his last minute cancellation...the man is a clueless clown.

Like dirt- how? Inadequate compensation, maybe and time will tell on that one (many lost real wages in terms of missing work-that can amount to thousands of dollars). Forcing a release for transportation home--way out of line IF true.

What else??????????

Open sea transfers...anyone thinking that is a possibility is an idiot and has NO KNOWLEDGE of just how dangerous such a proposition is. NO KNOWLEDGE of marine engineering. NO KNOWLEDGE as to what goes into tender transfers (calm port, fully working ship with thrusters etc to maintain and control the ships movements). NO KNOWLEDGE of the legal consequences for such an act in the event of a death or serous injury during the process (not just monetary but potential criminal liability).

Conditions on the ship-horrible and disgusting for many. But many folks here need to grow up and realize when something "happens" out at sea you can't just call your mommy.

As far as the OP--total idiot. Cancelling for what????? Totally different ship, no justification for his last minute cancellation...the man is a clueless clown.

I agree total idiot.

Its not the point about the fire.... Who cares about that. If the ship is stranded at sea, in this day of age they could of brought another ship and a transfer boat. I do not buy this crap that its to dangerous to transfer from one ship to another. They do it all the time! Ports that need a tender! You don't buy insurance for these reasons.... I have insurance (private) for sickness or death in the family.. I am insured.. Just not insured against a cruise line that operates poorly.

Carnival is not going to bring out another ship and transfer passengers over. For the first hand, that would involve a person to person transfer over open water which would open them up to HUGE liability if someone were to fall and land in the ocean.

Second, they are not able to transfer passengers to another ship that's already sailing full. International maritime law prohibits the sailing of a vessel that is carrying more passengers and crew than total available lifeboats in an emergency.

It is so frustrating reading all of the comments about "well why didn't they just bring another ship!" Think about it......

Its not the point about the fire.... Who cares about that. If the ship is stranded at sea, in this day of age they could of brought another ship and a transfer boat. I do not buy this crap that its to dangerous to transfer from one ship to another. They do it all the time! Ports that need a tender! You don't buy insurance for these reasons.... I have insurance (private) for sickness or death in the family.. I am insured.. Just not insured against a cruise line that operates poorly.

well said!!

I do not buy this crap that its to dangerous to transfer from one ship to another. They do it all the time! Ports that need a tender!

As far as tenders ....they do that only in protected harbors, never at sea ......and they cancel the tender service if there is a ft or two swell ....because it becomes too dangerous.

Navies and coast guards only transfer ....at sea ......by helicopter or zip lines ......which are both also dangerous.

I feel very bad for these people and it certainly must be awful.....but

when you travel, sometimes %#!& happens. If you can't roll with the punches and make the best out of an incredibly difficult situation, then please, don't cruise. I don't believe it would be safe for CCL to transfer pax to another ship. Tendering life boats in a calm safe port is one thing. Ports are often skipped when seas are rough or the wind is too high because it is not safe to port or tender. Trying to transfer pax from a ship that is dead in the water and being tossed and turned willynilly is incredibly unsafe. I think CCL is doing what they can and what is safest for the PAX. It is horrible circumstances, but it sounds like they're doing what they can. I'm sure the pax will have their fare refunded and probably get a free cruise in the future.

IMO there are 3 types of people who travel. There are those who make the best of the worse situations and learn to laugh at the situation and themselves, and someday will tell the tale of their harrowing voyage lost at sea....and willtell it with gusto and revel in the telling. Then there is the 2nd category, which I think most people fall in. They will grin and bear it. They suffer, but quietly. They may or may not come back again. Then there is the 3rd type who rant and rave and create 10x more drama than is necessary, and end up making the situation worse for everyone by creating scene after scene. Me thinks if you were on this cruise, with your attitude, you might be forced to walk the plank.

I would be more then happy with the compensation that has been offered. $500 plus another cruise. I'm sure that if you could show actual loss of waiges you can get compensated for that also. Like it's been said, you have to go with what is dealt to you. If you can't do that then do not leave the house.

First, just because someone disagrees…does not mean they work for Carnival. It means they disagree or have a different perspective. Plain and simple.

Deploying lifeboats: On Triumph, potty in a bag in privacy, have room to stretch your legs, have food, activities to keep you entertained, smelly ship/limited power, etc.. On lifeboat, potty in a bag in front of 100 of your new best friends, sit on a bench with 100 of your new best friends, sleep sitting up snuggled up against 100 of your new best friends as you drift, stare at one another with limited food rations while being drenched with sea spray and fighting waves.

Another vessel: No cruise line (not talking about just Carnival) was just sitting around, empty, waiting for something to do. Meaning, to have a ship available, they would have to make port, offload, resupply, refuel, etc. and then make it to the Triumph. Which, by the time any other ship could have accomplished this…Triumph would have been almost to Mobile (this has nothing to do with canceling on other guests…it was just logistically unfeasible).

Another vessel – tendering: At which time (after another vessel arrived), they would have to try an extremely risky tendering process. Even at port, tendering is not always allowed when the water is rough. When not in a protected harbor, I suspect it would be all but absurd to consider attempting to transfer 4,000+ people without serious injury and death. The Triumph was likely unable to anchor (1 – no power, 2 – the ocean is deep and the anchor may not have been able to reach bottom) and had no propulsion to stabilize the ship, along with the monster waves that are often found in the open water. While not pleasant…the guests were safe. And based on the news reports as they were transferring in Mobile…were for the most part in good spirits.

Compensation for guests: Absolutely they should, and are, compensating guests of the Triumph, including those who have had their upcoming bookings canceled. I’m a little confused as to how that would apply to anyone else, however. I get having anxiety and fear over cruising at this time. However, there has to be a line somewhere, and a business has to be maintained. I have a cruise leaving out on Monday… I am not canceling. 1) I don’t (and hope!) anticipate anything major happening and 2) I do not expect CCL to reimburse me for something that has nothing to do with me and does not involve me, and has not happened! That’s like asking the maker of my Ford Explorer to reimburse me because someone else with the same make/model has some type of mechanical failure =/

If one is concerned enough that one does not want to go on an upcoming cruise on another Carnival ship, don’t go. Take the hit to the pocket book, after all, isn’t one’s life worth it (because that is the concern, is it not?)? If one does not cancel and does not want to take the hit to the pocketbook, that means the concern isn’t really all that paramount. In other words, there are two choices: Go or don’t go. Either way, the choice is up to each guest. But no one is MAKING anyone get on a ship…if you don’t want to go, don’t go.

To the OP...

As I read your post, the "Very Poor Response and Customer Service" occurred because the cruise line didn't grant your request.

Ask yourself if your request was reasonable.

You contracted with the company for two cruises and want out of the contract because you fear that something might go wrong on one of your cruises.

GOLLY! Life is tough!

If you purchased Cruise Insurance that allows you to cancel for any reason, then cancel and get your refund through the insurance company.

If you didn't buy cruise insurance, than that was your decision and you are stuck with it.

Whatever the op is willing to believe, unless loss of life was imminent (ship sinking, on fire, or otherwise unviable) there's no way they should be transferring 4000 persons in lifeboats in the open sea (too deep to anchor) from a ship with no power or stabilization.

And yes, the Gulf is open sea as opposed to a protected harbor.

Just got off the phone with Carnival. I called inquiring about cancelling our two cruises that are fully paid for. Wanted to know what our options were.

Due to the Triumph issues I agree accidents happen, but DON"T agree with the way they handled it. They could of brought another ship out there to get the passangers off.

So I called to see what Carnivals attitude towards upcoming passengers. Its not good.

If you paid for your cruise they are NOT offering refunds. Its a Triumph issue not a Victory or a Liberty issue is there response.

I was told as far as compensation to future passengers, there has not been any brought out to this point.

So in a nutshell, if your unsure about the cruiseline or have concerns about the response, your SOL.

Im booked in two weeks on the Victory then right after on the Liberty. They don't care about loyalty, they just want the money!:(

If it wasnt your cruise that was affected why should YOU get your money back? It did not hurt or mess with you at all. You are entitled to NOTHING!!!! Quit trying to cash in on others losses.

What else??????????

I think I LOVE you!!! Where is the LOVE button!!!!!

Archived