Link: CNN has live video of the Triumph being towed

MrSnarkyPants

I don't understand the bathrobe business. I'm sure that everyone packed more clothes then they needed for a 5 day cruise, so is the implication that they're out of clothing? Both Galveston and Mobile can be cool this time of year, so surely they packed a jacket of some type.

people are on the top deck waving and holding their noses at the same time..must be very bad if the stench on the TOP decks are bad enough that even people cant breathe well up there...

I think that was "it stinks" sign language for the helicopter, not "it smells so bad here I must hold my nose at this moment even as I wave".

Cant pay me enough to get on a Carnival ship.

Incidents involving Carnival Corp owned assets since 2010:

April 2010: Pacific Dawn loses power in Australia and is towed back to port to repair leak in hull which caused outage

October 2010: Costa Classica collided with another ship in the Yangtze River. Several minor injuries reported.

November 2010: Carnival Splendor catches fire in engine room

January 2012: Costa Concordia is steered off course and hits rocks off the shore of the Italian island of Giglio subsequently becoming partially submerged. 32 Dead, 64 injured

February 2012: Passengers on a Carnival Splendor sponsored shore excursion robbed at gunpoint in Mexico

February 2012: Costa Allegra experiences a fire in the generator room, rendering the ship adrift off the coast of the Seychelles. The ship was considered a total loss and was scrapped.

March 2012: Star Princess breaks international maritime law when it doesn't stop to render aid to small craft in distress even after a ships officer is notified of situation by passengers. Subsequently two of the three stranded fishermen perished at sea.

February 2013: Carnival Triumph experience engine fire and is rendered adrift in the Gulf of Mexico

Carnival turns a nice profit, too bad they like apportion it toward CEO compensation than to needed ship maintenance:

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2012/11/articles/worst-cruise-line-in-the-world/carnival-cruise-ceo-arison-pockets-90000000/

So what government run not for profit cruise line do you use? That overly compensated CEO has probably gained a few grey hairs over this, something you are not having to do.

I don't understand the bathrobe business. I'm sure that everyone packed more clothes then they needed for a 5 day cruise, so is the implication that they're out of clothing? Both Galveston and Mobile can be cool this time of year, so surely they packed a jacket of some type.

Maybe they have the robes over their clothes. I would pack a jacket but being from New England I may be more likely to think about it.

Watching this has just confirmed to me what kind of one-sided agenda driven trash station that CNN actually is. They saw people on their balcony waving with towels and the "host" said "it's hard to tell if they're waving their towels to say hello or to ask for help". Just ridiculous. This station should be embarrassed. They are also trying to bait a 12 year old girl into telling them that the conditions are horrible...pathetic!

I've only been following this story in the general sense. I'm not one to watch 24 hour news and get involved in everyone else's drama. I wasn't going to even post about the Triumph at all, but I was just sitting in the doctor's office with the tv blaring this coverage. I was ready to scream. I think I even may have talked back to the tv at one point.The little girl, the mother, the anchor woman, the overall drama. My blood pressure was climbing (not a good thing when I was going in for my FAA physical). "They were out of touch for more than two days!". Heavens, how did our grandparents ever make it to America in the first place?

Enough is enough. Actually, I bet 43 degrees and a strong breeze probably feels good.

I seriously doubt they all got together and hatched "bathrobe business" in order to communicate something in front of CNN's cameras, as if they would know in advance that CNN would be circling. :rolleyes: Also, I don't believe one can make the assumption that everyone packed clothes for an 8-day cruise when it was only supposed to be a 4-day cruise.

From the Video/Live Feed coverage on CNN and their helicopter it appears as though the folks that are up on decks are walking around, waving at the cameras, playing mini golf, using the sun chairs. With the exception of the robes (which make sense considering the temperature) everything appears ok and everyone seems calm....not at all like the media have portrayed in the last couple of days. Even the little girls shown on deck during the phone conversation with their Mom's seem calm.

I also saw a couple of S.O.S signs and one that said help me get home but given the circumstances that is what I would expect, I would want to get home too. I even saw crew members out cleaning.

I love to cruise and have no allegiance to any particular cruise line. I was just surprised at the contrast of what is being reported, and what I actually saw in the 2 minute footage.

Yep, the media is using their scare propaganda, listen to their choice of words describing the ship... crippling, limping in, etc.... I even saw on their close up view a few people playing put put golf...

Well, she is crippled, there's no getting around that one.

"Limping" isn't really correct, since that would imply that shes making her own way but slowly. Shes actually being towed.

I prefer Propulsionally challenged and septic deficient instead of crippled and soaked in sewage, not quite as gross. :/

Apparently you have not been on or seen home video's from cruises in Alaska, folks wear the bathrobes on deck all of the time, its cold and windy up there. Heck I've even seen them on deck in the Caribbean! :)

From the Video/Live Feed coverage on CNN and their helicopter it appears as though the folks that are up on decks are walking around, waving at the cameras, playing mini golf, using the sun chairs. With the exception of the robes (which make sense considering the temperature) everything appears ok and everyone seems calm....not at all like the media have portrayed in the last couple of days. Even the little girls shown on deck during the phone conversation with their Mom's seem calm.

I also saw a couple of S.O.S signs and one that said help me get home but given the circumstances that is what I would expect, I would want to get home too. I even saw crew members out cleaning.

I love to cruise and have no allegiance to any particular cruise line. I was just surprised at the contrast of what is being reported, and what I actually saw in the 2 minute footage.

I'm sure it's been a delightful experience, one everyone will want to repeat. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Guess you DON'T ride in planes, trains, bicycles or automobiles of ANY KIND? WOW! You must be in GREAT shape WALKING Everywhere. ;)

He said that he will never sail on a Carnival ship again, obvioulsly he will cruise on NCL or Royal Caribbean.

Why is it so hard for you to understand one sentence.

Apparently you have not been on or seen home video's from cruises in Alaska, folks wear the bathrobes on deck all of the time, its cold and windy up there. Heck I've even seen them on deck in the Caribbean! :)

Thanks for enlightening me..... I guess I just never paid that much attention to it when cruising.......

Whatever ship there recording is running. Stacks are putting out a decent amount of smoke so they should have alot more stuff running if thats the case.

*edit* The recorded live video just ran up... So apparently it isnt, its just like the whole police running into the sandy hook school. All fabricated.

Archived