Should Triumph passengers be quarantined after they arrive?

cruisefied

Say for 24 or 48 hours?

Maybe a round of antibiotics for everyone and have a doctor keep a watch on them till they are sure they aren't carrying anything that has yet to surface.

thoughts?

I say take them to the Birmingham Zoo so everyone can get a good look at them.

(Does Birmingham have have a zoo? Or just the world's most expensive sewer system?)

Say for 24 or 48 hours?

Maybe a round of antibiotics for everyone and have a doctor keep a watch on them till they are sure they aren't carrying anything that has yet to surface.

thoughts?

I can see how someone might think this after CNN called Triumph a floating petri dish.

Say for 24 or 48 hours?

thoughts?

I have a thought- it is seriously ridiculous and irresponsible to force antibiotics on people who aren't sick. People have been in a lot worse situations for a lot longer (um can you maybe imagine vets returning from overseas) and we haven't friggin' quarantined them.

These folks have been through enough already, leave them alone. I'm sure they'll all be very aware of how they feel and seek medical help should a problem arise, same as any of us just coming back from a trip to another country/region. I wouldn't want to take antibiotics for something I "might" have been exposed to unless they could show me I was truly at risk. Way too many people are becoming resistant to antibiotics because they taken them so frequently.

You do not give antibiotics to healthy people as a "just in case." That's how antibiotic resistance to infections arise, causing an even bigger problem than a small outbreak if one were to occur.

And besides, if you listened to Dr. Gupta's CNN report it is highly unlikely that there would be any break out. Everything else you hear is a rumor resulting from hysteria.

Archived