Large Group to Magen's, Mountaintop & Sapphire

kcparrothead

We have a group of about 30 and all we want to do is head to 2 beaches with a short stop at Mountaintop. Private tours we've checked out want $55-$60 per person, which seems expensive unless prices have really gone up in the past 3 or 4 years. Any suggestions would be appreciated - I know there are other vendors out there than the couple who are recommended on here all the time.

Have you been to both of these beaches before? Just wondered why you chose these two as that's quite an area to cover. And you probably know that the original MT has been replaced by a more "commercial" version right?

As to organized tours, who have you already checked pricing with - Air Force One and Godfrey?

Don't mean to answer your question with more questions but may help...

Have you been to both of these beaches before? Just wondered why you chose these two as that's quite an area to cover. And you probably know that the original MT has been replaced by a more "commercial" version right?

As to organized tours, who have you already checked pricing with - Air Force One and Godfrey?

Don't mean to answer your question with more questions but may help...

Some have been to Magen's & want to go back, others have not. Not sure any have been to Sapphire so quite a few of us want to check it out. We know they are on opposite ends of the island and yes, we're aware of the new Mountaintop - really just want to stop for a photo of Magen's Bay & maybe have a banana daiquiri. We've already had the daiquiris at Herbies @ Beacon Pt. We've checked with an independent that we've used before & Sunny Liston. Godfrey's looked like he had his set tours - can you customize with him? Haven't read a lot reviews on Air Force One, but thought about e-mailing him.

I knew I had talked to you before - I have the same photo with Bob at the bar on the south end of Cozumel! Can't remember the name of the bar though -uh oh...

I can't help with tours but we did have a great day with a private driver who I hired before we sailed and works at the Secret Harbor Resort. Been awhile, maybe Glen. But give them a try, much better than a group tour, and the price then was the same.

Thanks - we've been to Paradise Pt. already, just looking for some new things to see in STT. We've done St. John twice, most recently last June so we're not interested in doing that. At least after STT we'll have a couple new ports: Barbados & St. Kitts!

My pic was taken across the road from Rasta's & I think it IS called the Bob Marley bar? Fun day on the East side!

Thanks - we've been to Paradise Pt. already, just looking for some new things to see in STT. We've done St. John twice, most recently last June so we're not interested in doing that. At least after STT we'll have a couple new ports: Barbados & St. Kitts!

My pic was taken across the road from Rasta's & I think it IS called the Bob Marley bar? Fun day on the East side!

Can you get banana daquaris ar Paradise Point. Can we buy the mix without going to mountaintop. Also, Godfrey wiil not go to Sapphire Beach

Other than a few posters who are looking more for a full-service, 5 star resort experience and don't do any research on their choices, everyone who visits Sapphire raves about their day. The Ritz Carlton is just fpdown the road for the others. If Godfrey still has something against Sapphire Beach either he has an agreement with another resort or I can't explain it and really don't care. The owners at Sapphire are amused when you tell them about Godfrey, and they're actually quite fond of him because he helps to keep Sapphire as comfortable as it is on big ship days.

When we stay at Sapphire we see taxis dropping folks throughout the day which is normal, and although the bay can get a little crowded on some days, typically it is not nearly as busy as the other popular beaches even on days with 20k cruisers on STT. There are almost always shaded spots available along the beach, and all the amenities you heed. That's why we enjoy staying there, and thank you Godfrey for contributing to our experience there.

Yes, Paradise Point has all of the drinks including their signature drink, the Bailey's Bushwacker. On our last visit to MT we paid $11 for a small daiquiri, it was good but not worth going there for. It seemed to taste better when we were at the original MT but that may have just been the atmosphere of the old place. Just not the same character now...

Definitely beach days there!! Have any plans lined up?

Yes we were staying in PDC and ferried over to Cozumel to drive the island for the day. The Bob Marley bar is on the south end of the beautiful and rugged east coast. I was shocked that they didn't sell Red Stripes! But what a view from their loft!

It seems like your group wants a driver for the entire day, so I think that's a reasonable rate for an all day "tour." The only way to do it cheaper, I think, would be to split the group and do separate island tours with one going to Magens and the other going to Sapphire.

For a group of that size, you'll probably need two vehicles and drivers, so that's adding to the cost. The rates haven't changed in years, but as costs go up, some drivers are charging some of the rates that are in fine print.

I agree that the quoted rates are acceptable if not reasonable, especially for that large a group. I believe the largest safari taxi holds only 25 ppl so a second vehicle would be required, and as ms411 said that way those who have already been to Magens could go straight to Sapphire (if they wanted that).

The posted hourly taxi rates are below, you would need to contact the taxi companies for a clear price, these 2 are in the vinow dot com site, there are others -

Islander Taxi Service Inc.

Featured Taxi Service

(340) 774-4077

Gumbs Taxi & Tours LLC

Featured Taxi Service

(340) 771-1154

Hourly Rates (1-4 passengers): Sedan/Mini Van $40; Van/Safari(14 passenger capacity) $55; Safari $80. Rates for additional passengers will be negotiated between the taxi operator and passenger(s).

Sightseeing Tours: 2 hours - One passenger $50; two or more passengers $25 per person. 3 hours - One passenger $60; two or more passengers $30 per person.

I actually contacted Godfrey's yesterday and he replied back that he could take all of us to our 2 beachs & Mountaintop for $30. per person - for a private tour! I guess he's changed his mind about Sapphire! Or, he thought that was easy money for a bus load of people! ;) We booked it!

Bluewater - We're headed to Carlisle Beach in Barbados to hopefully hire a guy with a boat to take us out to see the sea turtles, then in St. Kitt's we're going to the rainforest then to Cockleshell Beach. In St. Lucia (been ther before) we're doing a tour by water over to the Pitons and back.

Bluewater - We're headed to Carlisle Beach in Barbados to hopefully hire a guy with a boat to take us out to see the sea turtles, then in St. Kitt's we're going to the rainforest then to Cockleshell Beach. In St. Lucia (been ther before) we're doing a tour by water over to the Pitons and back.

All excellent choices, we're all jealous! Have a great cruise, and your STT transportation worked out great!

Archived